Assistant Project Manager
CHIN is seeking an Assistant Project Manager within our public involvement group who will assist with project outreach initiatives as well as data collection, surveys, research, and writing. The Assistant Project Manager will be expected to support the planning, organization, and implementation of projects. The Assistant Project Manager must prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner. This person must be meticulous and have strong organization, writing and communication skills.
- Perform project support duties as assigned by project managers to advance client projects.
- Assist with preparation of project materials and presentations.
- Draft project communication and outreach plans.
- Conduct research and data collection/analysis.
- Write technical and persuasive memos, documents, and reports.
- Prepare articles, reports, project fact sheets and policy briefs.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder lists and databases.
- Assist with project/client website content and social media management.
- Produce accurate and timely meeting minutes.
- Execute all areas related to event management.
- Staff special meetings and events.
- Contribute to project strategy.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of projects and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Interest in and knowledge of public policy issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects efficiently.
- Ability to be flexible, well-organized and self-sufficient.
- Strong planning, organization and implementation skills which allow the successful completion of projects by specific due dates.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings or weekends when project needs dictate.
- Understanding of social media as a project communication tool.
- Strong dedication to client/customer service.
- Interest in federal, state, regional and local transportation infrastructure issues and stakeholders is a plus.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in political science, public policy, public administration, urban planning, business administration, communications, or the equivalent.