Lead a multi-talented team
Under the leadership of the General Manager, you will manage the daily operations and staff of a Wendy’s restaurant with a specific focus on staffing, training and scheduling, all of which will help build and retain a 5-star team.
- You will know how to identify 5-Star talent and how to help get the right people in the right places at the right time through effective scheduling. You are also the face of the restaurant to new hires, and crew members’ in-particular will rely on you to teach them how to live Dave’s Legacies and how to “Delight Every Customer.”
- You will support the General Manager in providing coaching and development to the team. Your General Manager will look to you to help create and support a fun, inviting work environment where the team feels respected and valued.
- You’ll support the GM in all people and operations areas for a Wendy’s restaurant. Fresh food is all we do, so we count on you and your team members to do it right for our customers every day and night. No phoning it in - well, unless DoorDash is calling.
- You and your team treat customers like family. Great food, great service, great everything is what keeps them coming back.
- You show Shift Managers and Crew Members how to do it right, and make sure every shift is better than the last.
- You give and take direction like a pro.
- This one’s a no-brainer: you’re key to increasing store sales and profit goals.
- Whether you started out as a Crew Member or you’re coming from another foodservice organization, you believe in Wendy’s and are glad to be a part of our family.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of years of experience leading people, even better if you did it in a foodservice environment.
- High school diploma or GED. (Some college experience or military background? Tell us that, too.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of food safety procedures and standards
- Flexible work availability.
You’re willing and able to:
- Travel to other locations (restaurants, area office, etc.) as needed.
- Stand for long periods, bend and kneel and be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Handle weather-related moments like rain at the drive-thru, taking trash out in the summer, etc.
- Wear a headset and understand restaurant equipment from a grill to registers and computers.
We get it. We get you.
Our food isn’t one size fits all and our job opportunities aren’t either.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer - that means all races, religions, nationalities, genders and the LGBTQ+ community are welcome. We provide reasonable accommodations in order to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
The Wendy’s Story
First of all, yes, Wendy is a real person. And a pretty special one, being the daughter of our founder Dave Thomas. Today, she is one of the most involved and successful franchise owners in the Wendy’s enterprise. We think Dave would be proud. Back in 1969, he looked around at all other hamburger joints and was like, “Nah. People deserve better.” At the time, other quick-service restaurants were using frozen beef and mass-producing food. Not Dave. His approach of serving fresh, made-to-order hamburgers changed the game. And his can’t-stop-won’t-stop commitment to making customers happy drives everything we do today.