Assistant Manager Job Summary:
Lead a team while managing a million dollar business! Our Assistant Managers are provided with development classes and have access to many levels of management and the leadership team for mentorship. Practice your team building skills, problem solving/decision making and strengthen your guest service skills.
- Ensures the restaurant operates to comply with brand and company standards during assigned shifts. Opening or closing procedures must be followed during these shifts.
- Ensures food safety and sanitation processes are followed to comply with state, county and company procedures.
- Effectively assess food products for quality, proper preparation/holding and portioning to control costs.
- Trains and develops team members, follows individual development plans set by the general manager.
- Monitors guest service meets expectations, resolves guest complaints and coaches team to ensure no repeat guest dissatisfaction occurs. Reports any significant complaints and crew service behavior concerns to the General Manager.
- During assigned shifts is responsible for cash controls and cash security.
- Contributes to controlling and managing costs on P&L.
- Actively recruits and interviews candidates to be presented to the General Manager, if hired, assists with the onboarding process.
- Coaches, councils and disciplines team members, communicate employee concerns with the General Manager.
- Performs administrative duties under the direction of the General Manager such as placing/receiving grocery orders, conducting inventories, creating and posting schedules.
- Ensures company safety programs are followed to ensure the safety of our guests and team members.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Exposure to heat, cold, steam, and smoke.
- Must have high level flexibility/mobility.
- Works well under stress/pressure during busy shifts.
- Able to lift 40lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, scoop and wipe.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English, a second language is a plus.
- ServSafe Certification is required.
- Must have basic computer, math and communication skills.
- Minimum of one year restaurant supervision experience is required.
We are a licensed El Pollo Loco Franchisee company with 28 restaurants ( and many more in the pipeline ) over 500 team members strong and more joining our vision everyday. Located in Northern California, our name says it all TWS ( Together We Succeed ).
We are in an exponential growth mode and set to have at least 35 El Pollo Loco restaurants by the end of 2025 and eventually looking to a multi-brand expansion throughout the USA.