We believe honesty is the highest virtue and time is fleeting and precious, so in an effort to preserve both, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT READING THE JOB DESCRIPTION IN ITS ENTIRETY.
This job post is only for Robeks Mission Valley & Rancho Bernardo locations. Robeks is a franchise and individually owned. The policies of these locations do not necessarily reflect the policies of Robeks as a corporation or any other location.
When we look around at the world, it is apparent to us that “customer service” is dying off at an alarmingly rapid pace. Our goal is to have our businesses stand out as a place where true, old school customer service is still alive and thriving - an oasis where our guests are made to feel like family – the way that true customer service was always meant to be.
If you are looking for an “easy”, stand around, boring job where you just collect a paycheck, this is not for you.
If you are looking for an energetic, fast paced, active environment where you will never be bored and shifts fly by, this is PERFECT for you.
Be prepared to be challenged in ways that will build character, and the critical skills necessary to set you apart from your peers in the eyes of any future employer. Working at Robeks is a place where those who love to grow, expand their knowledge, and increase leadership skills will thrive.
While we don’t expect everyone to come with those skills, we find that those who are ambitious, have a thirst for learning new things and have a deep desire to help others and be of service truly thrive, while those who lack self-motivation and independent thinking skills will be disappointed.
Team sports experience preferred.
Although not a requirement we have found that our best employees often have experience with team sports, as the skills necessary to excel in this position are the same skills necessary to excel as a team sport athlete, such as:
• The ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
• The ability to recognize and fill the role that is needed in that moment for
the betterment of the team
• Leadership skills
• Handling pressure
• Time management & responsibility
• Commitment to excellence in everything you do
If you didn’t have a chance to play a team sport, we are still looking for people who want to stand out and excel as leaders and members of a small cohesive team. However, if you like to be part of a team because you want to hide, you will not enjoy this position.
A genuine interest in Health & Vitality with a desire to increase your own health while also helping others is a must. The owners of this store are EXTREMELY passionate about health & nutrition, and helping the world heal from chronic disease and a mass obesity epidemic. You will be exposed to holistic health principles as well as tools and programs that have a direct positive impact on your quality of life as well as your family and friends.
Additionally, this position can be physically demanding at times. You must be able to stand for extended periods, bend, lift, push, pull, pick up things that are up to 40lbs. This is not an office job.
Our personal goal is that you to leave this job a happier, healthier, wiser, and more confident human being then when you walked through our doors.
No masks & No “Vaccines” required.
We understand this may go against what you have previously been told and what
others are implementing, but that does not make it any less true. It is clear to us from both the observational and scientific evidence that disposable and washable masks not only DO NOT help keep you healthy, but in fact contribute to infection and increase your chance of catching viruses and spreading bacteria, especially when worn improperly outside of a clean, sanitized hospital setting.
They also make you look like a bank robber, conceal your facial expressions, and therefore make it very difficult to provide the type of friendly, welcoming, customer service that we are insistent that our customers receive. We defend your right to breath clean fresh air and stay as healthy and immune as possible.
We will NEVER enforce masking, and we will NEVER demand that anyone receive any medical procedure, regardless of the nature of that procedure.
We truly believe that health is wealth. The owner of these locations left a successful career as a personal injury lawyer, in large part because he realized that money can never be a substitute for health. He also saw first hand the corruption and greed that corporations can exhibit in order to benefit their bottom line.
We strive to do our part to help people become healthier, and therefore happier. This includes both our guests and our team members. Since way before 2020, we have always believed in boosting your immune system, using air purifiers to help ensure that the indoor air we’re breathing is free from pathogens, bacteria, and viruses, as well as taking many other preventative measures.
Your vaccine status is your own private business, but if you are fearful of working with others who have not been vaccinated, please do not apply for this position.
We also offer many other great benefits such as:
• Flexible schedule
• Leadership opportunities to gain real world management experience to help you
reach your professional goals.
• Competitive pay
• Life Coaching
• Consistency and Reliability
• Cheerful and Positive Attitude
• Values Teamwork
• Loves Serving and Helping Others
We ask you to:
• Create and Maintain Eye Contact
• Make Emotional Connections with Guests – we have many regulars who come in
almost every day of the year. We expect our team members to make our guests
feel like family, and we want our guests to think of us as family.
• Honor and encourage others to follow the visions and values of the restaurant
• Multitask quickly and with attention to detail
• Have the ability to communicate effectively in English
• Be at least 16 years of age
• Be willing and able to work a flexible schedule
• Be on time to their shifts – we completely understand that emergencies happen, but
unless there is a legitimate emergency, you are expected to be on time for work
• Have the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Have reliable transportation
• Use critical thinking skills and discernment
• Problem solve & enjoy a challenge
Requirements for Assistant Manager:
- Prior experience in food service is required for the Assistant Manager position. Prior management or shift lead experience is preferred, though not necessary.
- Flexible availability
- When on call, must be available to answer phone calls or texts between 6:15am and 10pm
- Responsive communication required - we are looking for someone who will reliably answer phone calls and respond to text messages ASAP - communication is key to this position.
- Must have your own vehicle - when team members have an emergency and cannot come to work, you may be required to come in on short notice and must have your own transportation (or live close enough to walk).
- Solution oriented with attention to detail. You are able to recognize areas that need improvement in the business or staff and come up with solutions.
- Growth oriented with an Entrepreneurial mindset preferred.
If all of this sounds good to you, you are upbeat, friendly
and personable, with the ability to project your voice, we can’t wait to meet
HOW DID WE GET HERE
It was a sunny day when the very first Robeks was founded in 1996 in Southern California.
We wanted a new juice spot that had better recipes, better taste, and better service than any other restaurant out there.
We don’t like to talk about the secret ingredient, the smarts that gave us the idea to open up a juice and smoothie shop in the 90s, a time when most health-conscious folks were focused on fat free and few had caught on to the idea of sipping fruits and veggies through straws.
Did we rollerblade past a mango tree? (Nope, no mangos in Southern California) Or electric slide into a bush of kale? (Nope, kale wasn’t invented yet.)
Something sparked our smoothie obsession, and we were hooked. We set off on a mission: Open a place where healthy people could order all their vitamins in one serving. And it had to be creative and delicious —a place not-so-healthy people would love too.
And Robeks was born.
Boys2Men rarely plays on the speakers and people don’t usually rollerblade in. But since the 90’s, our vision has grown nationwide. Each one serving up better tasting food and juice with better ingredients and better service.
And it keeps getting better.