Classification: PART-TIME VARIABLE, NON-EXEMPT
Salary Level: $17.00 TO $18.00 PER HOUR
Reports to: Theater General Manager
Great with People? Eager to apply your skills to management? Assistant Manager at Rheem Theatre may be exactly what you are looking for. If you have management experience (in theater, service, or retail), are professional, trustworthy, and able to work with a diverse group of people, read on. Primary responsibility of the Assistant Manager is to assist the General Manager in overseeing the daily operations of guest services, facility management, and employee coaching and encouraging.
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest-friendly environment.
- Performs as well as supervises duties of all areas; Concession, Box Office, Kitchen and Usher.
- Recommends recruits, trains, develops, and assesses performance outcomes of floor staff on a regular basis.
- Supports daily goals, tasks and assignments.
- Answers customer questions and courteously resolves complaints.
- Daily inventory count and cash-out registers at end of shift.
- Keeps the theater clean and orderly.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.).
- Pours alcoholic beverages to Customers and complies with state liquor laws and Cinema West policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Available to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays. Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities. Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to be able to move quickly to meet peak demand before & after show times.
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift and clean food preparation and soft drink equipment.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Oriented.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Supervisory Responsibility
This job operates in a movie theater environment, sometimes in theaters with limited lighting, with guests coming and going, and peak rush times. The pace can be fast, but must always be welcoming. We serve others! This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, and lifting all day,
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma, some college course work preferred
1 year customer service experience
1 year employee supervisory experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, gender, age, religious preference, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation or marital status.