Reports To: General Manager
Job Type: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary purpose of this position to support the execution of day to day restaurant operations and to aid the General Manager and Assistant General Manager with administrative duties, and assist with the development of current as well as new team members. Incumbent is also directly responsible for the supervision of all Team Members. Assistant Manager is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with TSFR policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Manage day to day operations of the restaurant and supervise and lead in accordance with TSFR Values and Behaviors.
- Must be available to work a variable schedule up to 40 hours with open availability including weekends and holidays.
- Set an example by maintaining an excellent working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in Wendy's and TSFR operations.
- Meet standards for speed of service, food safety and cleanliness.
- Assist with Team Member and Management sourcing and recruiting.
- Provide coaching, feedback and training to all team members and managers.
- CEE performance and coach for improvement.
- Manage equipment maintenance and cleaning standards.
- Manage product inventory and ordering.
- Follow all government regulations, employment law, food safety, operations policies, cash policies and implement all accounting controls.
The Assistant Manager is directly responsible for the supervision as well as management of all team members during their assigned shift.
Education and or Experience
High School Diploma or general education (GED), plus three (2) years' experience in restaurant leadership role or prior training role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates including the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the education and experience requirement.
- Ability to pass a background and drug screening.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with a purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
- Ability to work weekends and extended day on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to do the following activities:
- Remain standing for long periods of time.
- Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and important information or instructions.
- Use hands and fingers to handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
- Frequently required to do the following activities:
- Walk about.
- Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running.
- Reach up and out with hands and arms
- Lift and push/pull up to forty (40) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet
- Occasionally required to do the following activities:
- Climb stairs or ladders
- Twist upper torso
- Stand for long periods without a break
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Lift and push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds
The employee is regularly exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions with a moderate noise level. Indoor conditions may also include exposure to heat, cold, water, cleaning chemicals, grease, and oil.