Assistant Manager, Hospitality Operations | San Diego CA
Lessen is the fastest growing startup in the real estate services market. We are building a two-sided marketplace that solves a clear set of customer and vendor needs. We connect real estate owners to timely property services such as renovations, maintenance, and cleaning on one side and service providers to high-quality, well-defined projects with same-day payments on the other. We are fundamentally changing how real estate services are initialized, managed, and delivered at scale. Lessen is on an amazing trajectory – we are well-funded by top Silicon Valley VCs, have committed clients, fast-growing revenue, and a well-defined roadmap.
Today, we are on our way to becoming the largest full-service real estate property services company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You'll fit right in here if you're curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
What we're looking for
An exceptional individual to join our team as an assistant manager of hospitality operations. This person will lead a team of supervisors/leads and property cleaners; currently a team of 10 with anticipated growth to 50+ (opportunity for professional development!). This position reports to our Regional Operations Manager and will work closely with the Regional Director of Operations and Field Operation Teams.
We should talk ASAP if you:
- Have a hospitality mindset
- Have experience in the day-to-day workforce and scheduling management – implementing process and structure to maximize capacity
- Are obsessed with running the day-to-day operations of the business – you love making sure the trains run on time
- Have been successful at implementing processes around future proof talent acquisition – proactive recruiting, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and ongoing training and development of teammates
- Have experience in quality control, ensuring brand standards are met, and have the ability to coach teammates along the way when standards are not met
- Thrive in fast-paced environments where workloads are changing and require you to actively clarify needs and prioritize your time accordingly
- You do not need your hand held. You can be given a problem, without a lot of structure, and you will create a structured response and find innovative ways to deliver a solution
- 2+ years in a supervisor/management role for a hospitality or property services company (start-ups and experience in the short-term rental industry are a bonus!)
- You have experience supervising teams up to 15 people (W2s and/or 1099s)
- A strong hospitality mindset coupled with an enthusiastic ‘run through walls' mentality
- Technical computer skills required on laptops, tablets, and mobile devices
- Availability to work per the demands of the business (we are in the hospitality industry!)
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls, and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time
- High-growth, well-funded tech start-up that will become a Unicorn. Quickly.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan
- 2 weeks Paid Vacation
- 9 Paid Federal Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tools you'll need to be successful
- Lessen is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation