For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Microsoft Theater hosts over 120 music, family, dance and comedy acts, award shows, televised productions, conventions and product launches with over 500,000 guests passing through the doors annually. The 7,100-seat theater offers guests mid-sized intimacy, with no seat further from the stage than 220 feet. Microsoft Theater offers 12,000 square feet of VIP & hospitality areas, 10 dressing rooms and state of the art technology making it is a favorite indoor venue for performers and fans alike. Since opening in October 2007 with six sold out shows featuring the Eagles and Dixie Chicks, Microsoft Theater has hosted concerts starring the most popular artists including Alan Jackson, Katy Perry, Charlie Wilson, Juan Gabriel, Aretha Franklin, Ed Sheeran, John Fogerty, Gabriel Iglesias, Kanye West, Marc Anthony, Sesame Street Live, John Legend, The Avett Brothers, Neil Young, Steely Dan, Trey Songz, Kelly Clarkson, Rush, Yanni, Nicki Minaj, Juanes, Cat Stevens, The American Idol Finale shows, Michael Jackson’s This is It, Straight Outta Compton, The Hunger Games and Twilight Movie Premieres and many more. Microsoft Theater is home to the American Music Awards, ESPYs, Primetime Emmy Awards and BET Awards, and has previously hosted the People’s Choice Awards, Radio Disney Music Awards, 2010, 2011 & 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, 2014 & 2015 MTV Movie Awards and the 2013 Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame.
Microsoft Theater is centrally located within L.A. LIVE is a 4 million square foot / $3 billion downtown Los Angeles sports and entertainment district adjacent to Crypto.com Arena and the Los Angeles Convention Center featuring Microsoft Theater, a 7,100-seat live theatre, a 2,300 capacity live music venue, a 54-story, 1001-room convention “headquarters” destination (featuring The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles and JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE hotels and 224 luxury condominiums – The Ritz-Carlton Residences at L.A. LIVE – all in a single tower) , the GRAMMY Museum, the 14-screen Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 theatre, broadcast facilities for ESPN along with entertainment, residential, restaurant and office space.
The Guest Services Assistant Manager is responsible for managing a team of Guest Services Supervisors and Guest Services staff (consisting of 500+ part-time and full-time individuals), ultimately ensuring an excellent guest experience by planning, monitoring, directing, delegating, controlling and managing all functions of the Guest Services department during events. This position will serve as the Guest Services event lead contact for team/tenant events, as well as concerts and other special events.
Event Planning and Management:
- Serve as Guest Services Manager on Duty for team/tenant events, concerts, and special events.
- Meet with Event Managers and clients to assist planning events at Microsoft Theater.
- Prepare event estimates, notes and deployment sheets per event. Send a final event recap and update all pertinent spreadsheets following every event.
- Resolve Microsoft Theater guest issues, concerns and complaints as needed before, during and after events to generate and maintain positive public relations.
- Work with Guest Services staff in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Implement and enforce facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with Guest Services staff in emergency situations.
- Serve as secondary contact to one or more Microsoft Theater clients in regards to pre-/post-games, V.I.P. party receptions, special events (i.e. meet & greets) and/or sponsorship requirements for the event. Support the Director in acting as a liaison in providing and determining their needs in order to make their special event successful and accomplish their goals.
- Provide event support to Guest Services Managers and the Director for concerts and other special events.
Guest Services Management:
- Communicate and correspond with past, current, and future Microsoft Theater guests via telephone, e-mail, letter and facsimile. Answer guest inquiries, respond to concerns/complaints and prevent future issues.
- Review guest feedback surveys, respond to escalated issues and email final results.
- Assist guests with special needs and ensure compliance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA) during events.
Team Member Management:
- Create, foster and maintain Microsoft Theater’s reputation for great service and reduce liabilities by supervising part-time staff including Guest Services Supervisors, Ushers and Guest Services Representatives.
- Manage team of Guest Services Supervisors and provide necessary training, feedback, support and guidance. Empower supervisory team to lead, coach, mentor and discipline Guest Services personnel as deemed necessary.
- Track Supervisor attendance and generate appropriate discipline when/if necessary.
- Respond to Supervisor recap emails following every event.
- Prevent/resolve staff related issues by working in conjunction with AEG Human Resources, Union representatives and Team Members. Serve as escalation point to ensure compliance with Microsoft Theater policies and procedures as well as the SEIU Local 1877 union contract.
Hiring and Training:
- With the Guest Services management team and Human Resources, manage all aspects of the recruiting, hiring, and training processes for the Guest Services Department at Microsoft Theater.
- Ensure department is current on all ongoing training, including T.E.A.M. Training, Safety Training, Report Writing Training, etc.
Microsoft Theater Green Team:
- Serve as the Guest Services department contact for the Microsoft Theater Green Team.
- Coordinate department participation in monthly eco-challenges.
- Assist Guest Services Management team with special projects/tasks as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma/G.E.D (BA/BS Degree preferred)
- A minimum of 4-6 years of related work experience in a live entertainment facility (i.e. theatre, arena, sports venue, concert venue, stadium)
- Experience supervising and providing work direction to employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and OneNote); and ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure, recognize problems and find solutions
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of day-to-day tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to stand or remain in a stationary position and walk or move about an area for long periods of time. Ability to lift or move/position items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule, which includes: days, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)