Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding food quality, safety, labor, employment, and Company policies and procedures.
- With the direction of the Manager, execute strategic plans to optimize operational profits while maintaining quality, cleanliness and Guest Service standards.
- Supports the employee and guest satisfaction programs and ensures the staff understands the importance of the programs.
- Supervises all hourly staff, provides work direction, performance reviews, and coaching to the team.
- Mentors and counsels team members and enforce appropriate policies and procedures ensuring compliance of departmental standards.
- Responsible for supervising employee’s workflow, setting leadership standards, and guiding work locations efficiency. Builds internal relationships ensure our employees are exceeding expectations.
- Observes, critiques, and adjusts the daily functions of both departmental personnel and standard operating procedures to provide quality guest service.
- Maintain or exceed weekly budgeted variable operations result: cost of goods, variable labor, and safety. Adjust operations as necessary to budgets. Exceed annual cash flow trends.
- Shift supervision and responsibility of opening, mid and closing restaurant shifts.
- Maintain a clean, safe and professional work area.
- Ensure proper hiring, and training content is maintained.
- Ensure the workforce is trained and proficient at operating venue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 year’s Restaurant Management/Supervisory experience with experience managing high volume quick service or casual dining restaurants with a team of 15 employees.
- Must have a flexible schedule to meet the needs of a 24/7 – 365 day operation, inclusive of weekends, holidays and nights.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and a strong sense of ethics in deciding how to respond to the guests concerns and issues while keeping company business models in mind.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in hospitality management or business administration preferred.
- Experienced in Quick Serve or Casual dining Restaurant experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and food related Point of Service & inventory systems.
- Able to provide creative solutions to guest situations.
- Previous experience with scheduling restaurant labor & staffing needs to operate an efficient business
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling 44 2036185726.