Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding food quality, safety, labor, employment, and Union guidelines, as well as Company policies and procedures.
- With the direction of the Restaurant Managers, execute strategic plans to optimize operational profits while maintaining quality, cleanliness and Guest Service standards.
- Supports the employee and guest satisfaction programs and ensures the staff understands the importance of the programs.
- Supervises all hourly staff and Seasonal Supervisory staff, provides work direction, performance reviews, and coaching to team
- Ensures company compliance with Union contracts regarding employee work conditions, maintaining discipline and replacing open shifts
- Mentors and counsels team members and enforce appropriate policies and procedures ensuring compliance of departmental standards.
- Responsible for supervising employee’s workflow, setting leadership standards, and guiding work locations efficiency. Builds internal relationships ensure our employees are exceeding expectations.
- Observes, critiques, and adjusts the daily functions of both departmental personnel and standard operating procedures to provide quality guest service.
- Maintain or exceed weekly budgeted variable operations result: cost of goods, variable labor, and safety. Adjust operations as necessary to budgets. Exceed annual cash flow trends.
- Maintain a clean, safe and professional work area.
- Ensure proper hiring, and training content are maintained.
- Ensure the workforce is trained and proficient at operating venues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 year’s quick service food management experience with multiple large high-volume food service operations and managing a team of 20 employees.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work rotating schedules, holidays, weekends and nights
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in hospitality management or business administration preferred.
- Experienced in Quick Food Service
- Must be able to express ideas clearly and logically and should love to write. Must demonstrate good judgment
- and a strong sense of ethics in deciding how to respond to the guests concerns and issues while keeping company business models in mind
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, food related Point of Service system (i.e. EATEC & Clarity)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to provide creative solutions to guest situations
- Ability to work in a high paced, repetitive teamwork environment
- Theme park experience preferred
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Quick thinker with the ability to make sound decisions
- Able to manage effectively under deadlines
- Previous experience with creating and managing budgets.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling 44 2036185726.