The Primary role of the Assistant General Manager (AGM) is to develop into a store leader and to be capable of running the store in the absence of a General Manager. An AGM is responsible for supporting the overall shift-level operations, guest experience, sales performance, and execution of brand excellence in a store. They are also responsible for assisting in the growth of annual sales and profit of the store. AGMs ensure that the store’s appearance as well as each team member’s performance are to company standard. AGMs are responsible for consistently educating and engaging the community and store guests on all products and services.
• Understands and communicates the company’s vision, mission, and values.
• Responsible for maintaining operational excellence in the store.
• Responds to direction in an accurate and timely manner and ensures the same compliance from the store team.
• Recognizes and rewards outstanding performance of store team members.
• Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors and continuously improves leadership skills.
• Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
• Strives for the ultimate guest service experience in keeping with key performance indicators including surveys, shops, audits, and speed of service.
• Ensures store has adequate shift coverage at all times, while adhering to scheduling and labor guidelines.
• Supports the training of shift leads and team members to successfully handle service issues and intervenes when necessary.
• Motivates and mentors team members on providing guests with product suggestions and information.
• Educates and engages the community and store guests on all products and services.
• Adheres to and has knowledge of all company policies and procedures.
• Maintains impeccable standards concerning store maintenance, administration, and supplies.
• Capable of ordering supplies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Provides regular performance feedback to team members and shift leads. Supports and works with GM/DM/HR on disciplinary action.
• Leads and manages shifts while acting as manager in charge of store. Deploys team members as required to meet business demands and works with GM on necessary staffing decisions.
• Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately to ensure effective shift operations and overall operations of the store.
• Follows all food safety, cash handling, and operational procedures and policies and ensures that team members are in compliance.
• Resilient and Adaptable: reacts to change, ambiguity, and uncertainty with openness and confidence; leads swiftly and effectively.
• Demonstrates Accountability: accepts responsibility for one’s own performance/actions: follows through on commitments with a sense of urgency.
• Communicates Effectively.
• Strategizes and Drives for Results.
• Serves and Inspires Others: inspires others to excel; rewards and recognizes great performance.
• Develops Talent.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to work at least 24 hours per week; must be able to work a variable of shifts (openings, mid-day shifts, and closing) from week-to-week.
• Must have experience supervising others.
• High School graduate or commensurate industry experience required.
• Computer skills including some Microsoft software and register skills.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
This job entails frequent exposure to high temperatures and extreme cold. There is frequent contact/immersion of hands in water and sanitation solutions; as well as contact with produce items, dairy products, and frequent allergen-related items such as nuts, citrus, peanut butter, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, scoop, pour, carry, push, and lift objects up to 40lbs. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Must be able to maneuver in walk-in coolers and freezers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Vitaligent is a holding company focused on promoting health and happiness in each relationship - our guests, team, families, and community. Our focus is on wellness, fresh juices & smoothies and healthy meal options. Vitaligent owns 75+ Jamba Juice stores across the United States.