Up to a $500 sign on bonus!
Penn Station firmly believes that the Assistant Manager must have an ownership mentality, which is why this position provides a base plus a monthly bonus opportunity. The Assistant Manager is responsible for the day to day operations and overall performance of the restaurant. The Assistant Manager will hire and train other team members, will supervise and work alongside team members to ensure adherence to company policies, leading the team and organizing the weekly labor schedules and controlling costs. Other responsibilities include making store deposits, understand how to open and close the store and maintain store cleanliness. The experiences we can provide you are an excellent stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business or running your own restaurant.
- Exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects • Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility, including bending and stooping, for the duration of the workday
- Must be able to work and perform all duties at any station in the kitchen or service area
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of back office computer
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Must have reliable transportation
- Manages employees and operations of the store including, but not limited to hiring and firing, labor laws and scheduling.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Health Department Guidelines and operates the restaurant within those parameters.
- Submits necessary paperwork and reports monthly for the restaurant and employees.
- Maintains stock by placing weekly inventory orders.
- Delivers deposits to the bank on behalf of the restaurant.
- Provides professional customer service and addresses all customer complaints.
- Supervises crew members, crew leaders and Assistant Managers.
- Effectively opens and closes the store.
- Understand & adhere to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Create and maintain schedules for team.
- A fun work environment where you can positively influence others.
- health and dental insurance.
- Leadership opportunities to gain real world management experience to help you reach your professional goals.
- A monthly share in profits with no cap
Penn Station has developed a unique product line that demonstrates, in full customer view, the true quality of our products. Our menu features an array of mouth watering grilled submarine sandwiches, fresh-cut fries and hand-squeezed lemonade. All sandwiches are prepared fresh in full view of the customer using delicious hearth-baked bread, USDA steak and the finest meats, cheeses and vegetables. The potatoes are hand selected, fresh-cut and flash-fried in cholesterol-free peanut oil. The lemonade is made from scratch every day using hand-squeezed lemons.