Be a part of one of the 25 fastest growing fast casuals, Slim Chickens! Slim Chicken is a leading national brand in the fast-growing emerging 'better chicken' fast-casual segment. This is a great opportunity for starting and growing a career in the restaurant field.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure Company standards for quality food, service, and sanitation are met.
- Manage and supervise Shift Leaders and hourly staff.
- Assign and direct daily work responsibilities for staff.
- Order inventory for all areas and operations to ensure the restaurant is stocked with appropriate levels of product.
- Reconcile cash registers at open and close of each shift.
- Maintain all records as required by Company policies and procedures, and in compliance with state and federal law.
- Maintain staff compliance with Company policies, procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Maintain staff compliance with state and federal laws governing safety and food handling.
- Recruit, interview, select and hire quality staff for all positions.
- Conduct orientation and train Shift Leaders and other hourly staff to ensure employees perform their
- respective jobs.
- Perform performance reviews of Shift Leaders at General Manager’s request and other hourly staff on a regular basis. Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, and counseling to Shift Leaders and hourly staff
- regarding areas such as production, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Perform counseling, disciplinary action or termination of employment of Shift Leaders and other
- hourly staff.
- Recommend any promotion, advancement, or other status change of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff to General Manager.
- Adjust work schedules and hours of work of Shift Leaders and hourly staff, as needed, to ensure all shifts are covered.
- Recommend any scheduling or shift changes to General Manager.• Approve overtime as necessary for hourly staff.
- Display exemplary and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Listen and communicate effectively with the General Manager, Shift Leaders and hourly staff, guests, vendors, and the community.
- Conduct management and staff meetings, as directed by the General Manager.
- Follow the General Manager’s direction and accomplish the objectives set by the General Manager.
- Review the objectives with Shift Leaders and hourly staff as necessary.
- Delegate appropriate tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
- Resolve employee complaints, questions or concerns as necessary.
WORK CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours.
- Periods of standing and walking, as necessary.
- Frequent contact with guests, requiring tact and courtesy.
- Frequent contact with subordinates, requiring direction and supervision.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate well.
- Proficient math skills and comfort with numbers.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and professional demeanor at all times.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Positive attitude and self-discipline.
We believe in great food, served with passion, in a fast and friendly manner. Everything you do here has a ripple effect, and you have the power to make someone’s day a little brighter!