The Assistant Manager, Building Services oversees the work of evening custodial staff and, as needed, performs the same duties as the custodial staff 75% of the time. This position also assists in the maintenance of custodial supplies and performs floor care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership; review work after employees have finished, develop assignments for the following day by reviewing work orders and project sheets, ensuring proper supplies and equipment are available.
- Provides custodial services/help and supervise special events.
- Assists in the training of new/existing custodial employees in routine cleaning duties, and in the proper use of custodial supplies and equipment.
- Performs quarterly safety and floor care machinery training with all department staff members.
- Supervises in the stowing of equipment and supplies.
- Complete time sheets if the manager is on scheduled time off.
- Makes requests for supplies and equipment repairs, reviewing supply and equipment requisitions and ordering as required.
- Creates a weekly floor care plan.
- Strips glass in all facilities twice a month
- Performs routine inspections of the inner and outer facility, maintenance on machines, and other custodial equipment as required.
- Responsible for submitting monthly reports on all staff member’s performance and creating and conducting annual performance reviews of staff.
- Must know, understand and identify SDS.
- Must adhere to Safety Policy/Procedures and use of PPE (personal protective equipment), including wearing a back brace.
High School diploma or GED with 5 years custodial experience and 1-year supervisory experience required. Supervisory experience must include performance management, progressive corrective action, and training.
Must be able to handle all types of tools, equipment and supplies used in custodial maintenance and follow instructions written and verbally. Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and able to convey instructions clearly. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs., one end of an 8-ft. table, climb work from a 12” ladder and work with typical janitor cleansers, chemicals and supplies. Requires extensive walking, standing, reaching, lifting, and bending. Must be able to work outside in all inclement weather
Must be able to work in dirty, dusty, wet, hot/cold, loud and crowded environment.