Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
At Soho House, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for supporting all aspects of the business in conjunction with the property General Manager. The AGM oversees service standards, operational efficiency, member/guest experience, staff retention and optimal profit is met at a Soho House & Co. property. Including day-to-day staff management, an Assistant General Manager is also an ambassador for the Soho House brand and fully embraces our ethos, support staff, member and guest experience. As an Assistant General Manager, you are an influential leader and strategic business partner to all departments that tell our story, deliver service, create culture, maximize profits, support operations, and member / guest satisfaction. The Assistant General Manager works very closely with internal and external stake holders to ensure optimal experience is a result of unforgettable moments through staff, food, drink, events and amenities.
A successful Assistant General Manager will collaboratively partner with the General Manager to develop goals and actionable items required to optimize performance and profitability.
- Strategic business partner and influential leader who communicates effectively with internal and external stake holders by assessing business objects and delivering an elevated, approachable and profitable experience that is consistent and regularly assessed for improvement and innovation
- Work closely with General Manager to assess and develop operational goals based off weekly, daily and quarterly business performance reviews
- Execute action plans on time and budget to support business improvements and focus on optimizing profit, minimizing margins and promote exceptional experience(s) for member, guest, staff
- Adhere to Soho House & Co company policies for food safety, allergy procedure and creating an overall safe and inviting space for members, guests, staff by partnering with Health & Safety leaders and following local, government and regional compliance and abiding by legal standards
- Collaborative partner to all leading Head Office business functions to drive effective process and implement innovative opportunities that efficiently drive sales and staff/member retention through HR, Recruitment, Learning & Development, F&B/Operations, Marketing, PR, Social, Events & Programming, Finance, Housekeeping and Facilities
- Influential leader and decision maker that supports, guides, develops and implements policies, procedure and systems to improve business operations, service, retention and over all experiences that have been outlined by local General Manager
- Provide leadership relative to annual marketing plans and partnership to other leaders within Membership, Marketing, Food & Drink, Finance
- At least 7-10+ years managing high-volume Food and Beverage (F&B) or multi-unit operations
- Innovator and influencer with previous experience managing F&B operations that focus on service and providing top quality experiences through food and drink.
- Creative and analytical thinker who encompasses strong business aptitude is driven by results and guest satisfaction. Naturally hospitable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships (internal/external) as well as highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Understand, maintain, and enforce local and government regulated food safety, risk prevention, fire prevention and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all staff and guests
- Assist with interviewing all new and prospective hires (internal/external) and adhere to P&D policies while positively provide support to the team in terms of growth, development and success planning
- Monitor, assess, report and develop action items to support service trends, guest/member/staff surveys
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in front of a computer screen for up to 5 hours per day.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.