The Assistant General Manager will assist the General Manager in managing the overall Planning, Organizing, Leading, and Controlling (P-O-L-C) functions of the facility. In addition, the Assistant General Manager will assist the General Manager in managing aspects of the P-O-L-C framework with the goal of leading the facility and staff to meet budget, revenue, and customer satisfaction standards. Through a thorough understanding of Copart policies and practices, the Assistant General Manager will offer hands on support to the team and create a customer first environment by offering unique and innovative solutions to customer's needs while maintaining company standards for policy, quality, and service.
* P&L responsibility- assist GM with review of both revenue and costs on a monthly basis for accuracy and opportunities
* Assist GM to hire, train and develop staff to meet company guidelines
* Assist the GM in managing the day-to-day operations of the facility including staff management, customer and employee issues as needed
* Assist GM in Audit of facility to confirm and enforce compliance with internal procedures as well as accordance with county, state, EPA and OSHA regulations
* Build relationships with members and sellers to manage customer satisfaction
* Assist GM in tracking and leading facility staff to meet company metrics
* Provide direction to team regarding duties and goals
* Minimum of two years' experience as a manager in a logistics, distribution or operations environment
* Proven track record of seamless operational functionality and achievement of corporate goals at the AGM level or higher.
* Ability to solve complex problems and issues
* Strong analytical skills to interpret and forecast financial budgets
* Ability to develop, recommend and implement plans for continuous process improvement
* Strong leadership experience and skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Great customer relations skills and experience
* Four year college degree preferred
* Proficient in all areas of Microsoft office
* Experience managing a staff of five or more people
* Bilingual skill a plus
* Valid driver's license
For nearly four decades, Copart has led its industry in innovation and customer service, enabling it to grow profitably in markets across the globe. Our success is the direct result of the skills and efforts of our talented and diverse employees. Our mindset? It's never just a "job" when your coworkers are like family--it's like coming home.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled