The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for People Development, Operations Excellence, Sales
Growth, Profit Growth, and our Customer’s experience (Hospitality). The AGM’s role is critical to the selection,
training, development, and retention of Restaurant Associates. The AGM acts for the General Manager (GM)
when the GM is not in the Restaurant and is responsible for overall restaurant operations. The development of
Associates in the restaurant is a continual focus and the AGM’s role is one of coach and teacher and is
constantly seeking opportunities to motivate and develop Managers and Associates to operate as an efficient
well-functioning team. The AGM is a leader that utilizes a systematic and principle-centered management
approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to fulfill the Mission & Promise.
Donatos is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Assistant General Managers must have a flexible schedule that includes the ability to work variety of opening, mid and closing shifts, along with working weekends and holidays
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Level 2 ServSafe certification
- Internal Candidates must complete required training and development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate ability to impact MPA (Mission & Promise Assessment) and SVR (Store Visit Report)
- External – 1 year in similar role preferred
- Internal – 6 months Donatos experience preferred, management experience required
- Can execute all items on the AGM readiness checklist
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
- Able to stand and/or walk entire shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending and twisting
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Empowers and allows restaurant associates to make decisions and resolve customer concerns in a way that fully satisfies our customer.
- Manages the people, product, and equipment in the restaurant to deliver the Mission & Promise.
- Models performance standards (primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist).
- Anticipates the needs of the customers at all access points and removes existing or potential service barriers.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership to deliver Quality, Service and Prosperity.
- Ensures all Delivery Drivers comply with state laws and carry state minimum required insurance by completing monthly safety files and audits.
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods.
- Manages food, labor, and costs through training, coaching, and scheduling.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates, trains, and enforces operating norms, including but not limited to uniform policy, attendance, safety procedures, and cleanliness.
- Coaches and mentors hourly Associates to exceed standards.
- Executes plans to improve team satisfaction based on associate engagement surveys and retention measurements.
- Knows, enforces, and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
- Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures and completes assigned paperwork.
- Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
- Uses proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and safe contents.
- Ensures orders are delivered accurately.
- Displays caring and empathy for customers and follows correct steps when resolving complaints.
- Effectively uses Donatos’ pre-shift and shift job aids and tools to ensure optimum product quality.
- Manages time/temperatures, critical standards, and visual characteristics of raw and completed product.
- Manages dough and day dots to ensure the best quality.
- Properly executes, enforces, and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the food safety & personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintains proper inventory levels and assumes responsibility for inventory of all stocked items, vendor orders, and invoice processing.
- Ensures all vendor orders are completed on a timely basis.
Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.