The MA Assistant General Manager is responsible for directly supporting the station’s General Manager in the implementation and adherence to MA Safety, Security, Quality, and Training policies and SOPs as well as local, state, and Federal regulations and all station operations, service delivery.
The role requires a seasoned senior manager with a strong operational and business understanding and leadership skills. The incumbent must have the ability to support the operation in a challenging environment, whilst maintaining strict Menzies Corporate Governance and Financial guidelines.
Services offered at the station include Cabin Services, Passenger Services, Cargo, Fueling, Ramp Handling, and GSE Maintenance.
Location for this job is : Bermuda - LF. Wade International Airport , BDA
- Directly promoting a Safety-First culture; and provide support to the General Manager to manage all other aspects of running the station
- Support the implementation and adherence to MA Safety, Security, Quality, and Training policies and SOPs as well as all relevant industry, local, state, Provincial (CAN), and Federal regulations.
- As part of the station’s senior management team collaborates with other station senior leaders to maintain and enhance appropriate, effective safety and security systems, risk assessments, periodical inspections and audits, operational training programs, planning, operational processes, and service delivery
- Leads by example and provides immediate and direct feedback to Employees and colleagues.
- Assists in the implementation of systems for the effective delivery of safety-related briefings and the cascade of safety-related bulletins, alerts, and information.
- Participates in the development of station-level budgets.
- Coordinates with station senior leaders to ensure the means for proper staffing, planning, and scheduling are in place.
- Ensures that processes are sufficient to ensure inventory and accounting for all Company assets, consumable parts, contracted services, and vendor payments.
- Support the station’s General Manager to manage the financial performance and compliance with Corporate Governance and Legal aspects of Menzies’ businesses in the station.
- Helps General Manager in the regular interaction with customers to promote the station and to measure the level of customer satisfaction
- Uses customer feedback to constantly develop and improve capabilities and processes.
- Aids in the pursuit of opportunities for new business and growth of existing services.
- Directly supports the station’s General Manager in the development and implementation of the station Emergency Response Plan (ERP), Emergency Action Plan (EAP), Local Contingency Plan (LCP), Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Spill Prevention, Control
- and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC), Facility Response Plan (FRP), Environmental Emergency Response Plan (EERP), and/or Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
- Supports the station’s Safety, Security, & Compliance Manager/Officer to oversee the implementation of the Menzies Aviation Safety Management System (SMS) and Health & Safety manual (H&S) policies at the base.
- Aid General Manager in all matters relating to Security at the station per the MA Security Manual (SeMS).
- Provides oversight to the processes that ensure compliance with the Menzies Aviation Quality Assurance Manual (QAM).
- Provides oversight to the processes that ensure compliance with the Menzies Aviation Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Support General Manager in the processes and tasks related to the acquisition, maintenance, and safe operation of GSE equipment and vehicles.
- Assists in the investigation of accidents, injuries, and near misses and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations. Will also evaluate root causes and recommend corrective action; and ensure that corrective actions are implemented and sustained.
- Provides support in the administration of the Workers’ Compensation Program to include timely reporting, Employee follow-up, and aggressive Return-to-Work promotion.
- Partners with station’s General Manager for the review of leading and lagging indicators of Safety and Operational performance (i.e.: SMART targets, MORSE Dashboards, Audit Findings, Recordable Injuries, Training Completion Reports; Workers Compensation (WC) Rates and Costs; AC Damage Rates and Costs; GSE Damage Rates and Costs; Preventive Maintenance Completion Rates; SmartDrive Coaching Completion Rates; SmartDrive Safety Score; Delay Reports; etc.).
- Facilitates routine (weekly) Staff Meetings, along with station’s General Manager.
- Completes the Manager’s Self-Certifications and other Workplace Inspections (as required)
- Performs routine Performance Appraisals of direct reports and provides constructive feedback for career planning, professional growth, and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures the firm, fair, and consistent accountability for compliance with MA work rules and policies
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Airport Operations