Requisition #: ARTIF003431
Job Title: Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Location: Washington, DC 20395
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Top Secret SCI
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
- Apply Classic AI techniques and Machine Learning to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with software engineers to implement solutions and integrate them into existing systems.
- Design, apply, and craft new algorithms, methods, and tools addressing project requirements.
- Collect, prioritize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Support the development of Artificial Intelligence algorithms • Coordinate with design, verification, and software engineers to complete assigned tasks.
- Plan and perform design engineering research or design development assignments, including responsibility for the design and or verification part of a major project.
- Manage project infrastructure and the development of AI models and projects.
- Identify differences in data distribution that could affect model performance in real-world situations.
- Identify required system analysis for the definition, allocation, assessment, and prediction of system performance requirements and capabilities.
- Develop Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinate them across the affected organizations.
- Monitor models in production and be the first line of triage during failure; escalate and team with ML DevOps on resolution.
- Develop and update documentation, technical procedures, and knowledge articles.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in IA technology or a related area.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Able to transform prototype AI algorithms and solutions into production-level software that is robust, maintainable, and performant.
- Able to implement AI algorithms that efficiently utilize GPU and CPU resources, memory, and network.
- Able to implement APIs to AI algorithms via microservices, libraries, and other interfaces.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
- Industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU, and scientific thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with Scrum project management methodology.
- Strong self-starter attitude, team-oriented, and good communication skills are a must.
- Willingness to commit to maintaining the highest standard of customer service with outstanding written and oral communication.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team on assigned tasks, expectations, and schedules.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Organized; time management skills to forecast and stay ahead of deliverables/reporting requirements.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate, prioritize multiple tasks, and be adaptable to change to accomplish assignments.
- Excellent Customer Focus/Satisfaction skills.
- Strong/Natural understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle.
- Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible.
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages.
- General office environment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walk for up to 10% of the time.
- The working environment is generally favorable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Sedentary – 10 lbs.
- Maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles.
- Some occasional walking or standing may be required.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Stand or Sit
- Repetitive Motion
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
- Talk or Hear
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
As a federal contractor, Agile Defense is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer/facility vaccination requirements. As such, to protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, Agile Defense may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)