Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, itâ€™s often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, itâ€™s waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As the Army Intel Senior Technical Training Specialist, youâ€™ll build productive relationships by developing specifications in order to conduct technical training courses, in both classroom lectures and laboratory sessions, for customers and/or employees in the use of complex situations for multiple products. Youâ€™ll work with engineering, technical support and manufacturing to ensure that course material reflects current product features, as well as develop criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Development and delivery of high-quality, comprehensive training products and services for GDMS government customers and end users
- Travel within and outside the United States to conduct training on the Prophet Enhanced system as part of a New Equipment Training Team
- Conduct New Equipment Training at Government/Military sites
- Perform job and task analysis leading to the development of training strategies, plans, curriculum and courseware
- Interface directly with GDMS government customer/users to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction relative to the training product and customer support
- Design, development and delivery of technical training curriculum, courseware and Training Support Packages (TSPs)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a working knowledge of the Systems Approach to Training/Instructional Systems Design (SAT/ISD) methodologies
- Must have Instructor Certification from any branch of the Military. Experience in technical courseware development and instruction, with special emphasis in Front End, Job, and Task analyses
- Must have experience instructing maintenance and troubleshooting procedures, preferably with Army Intel programs such as Prophet, TEWS, or TEWL.
- Must be familiar with TRADOC 350-70 training development requirements and have experience in the use of TRADOC's Training Development Capability (TDC)
- Working knowledge of desktop applications and operating systems to include MS Office products, Windows NT, Windows 2000, UNIX, and Cisco products
- Prior military service in a training or technical position related to Command, Control, Communications & Computers (C4) Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) functional areas
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) Objective Force requirements and acquisition processes is beneficial
- Experience with complex systems, system of systems, networks, hardware, and software applications is desired
- Experience with multimedia and or Computer-Based training development is a plus
- Military service (preferably Army Intel) with an instructor rating and teaching experience on similar ISR-based systems is desired
- The candidate must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of military hierarchy and at all program levels while demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Must have excellent communications and presentation skills and must be able to discuss technical issues on several different levels (engineering, management, customer, etc)
- Must be able to organize information in logical sequence and be able to present information in a clear, easy to understand way for military and other government customers
- Must have excellent writing abilities for creating and updating training materials, manuals, and other user technical documentation
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree
- Solid knowledge of applicable subjects and equipment assemblages being trained and of applicable laboratory training aids, interactive multi-media training technologies and other tools and devices used to conduct training
- Ability to use various software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to produce training materials
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
What sets you apart:
- Ability to install and maintain hardware and software associated with this position
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong initiative on assignments and ability to exercise independent judgment and professionally executes projects
- Ability to think creatively and multi-task
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran