Who We Are
Charlotte will be recognized as the most sought after city in the Southeast, known for its undeniable energy, passionate people and captivating experiences.
The Arena/Facility Operations Team Member keeps the building in clean and orderly condition and works to set up and break down events at Spectrum Center.
- Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for reporting on condition of equipment in assigned area.
- Manages tools and supplies needed for assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process.
- Sets up and break down of tables and chairs, and building stages.
- Duties to include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables and other furnishings and equipment.
- Maintains the facility, performing general routine cleaning and maintenance that includes but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming; empties trash and garbage containers.
- Identifies process improvements and implements those changes in an effective manner.
- Monitors work procedures of to ensure safe procedures are being carried out at all times.
- Report and document incidents or injuries per CRVA standard procedures.
- Trains and couches part-time team by using hands-on approach for event set-up, tear-down changeovers and equipment use
- Reports major equipment malfunctions and environmental hazards to management.
- Communicates daily with management and team via two-way radio throughout scheduled work time.
- Provides excellent customer service to our clients at all times.
- Complies with all CRVA and Spectrum Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional attire, image and demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift hours including weekends and holidays.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Maintain NBA courts
- May perform other duties as required.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. Model and be accountable ensuring the customers are always put first by living the CRVA Service Philosophy to deliver memorable customer experiences
C. Champion CRVA’s mission, vision, and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
- There are no Supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients and/or employees of organization.
- Forklift certification or the ability to obtain certification
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs.
- Treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy.
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Facility operations experience is preferred but not required.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 70+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly use power hand tools.
- The noise level in the work environment could vary depending on the event (s) within the facility.
- May need to travel to other CRVA facilities.
What We Offer
- Education Reimbursement
- 457 Plan
- CRVA University
- Employee 1st Culture
- CORE Values
- Overnight premium pay $18/hour
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our “employee first” culture requires engagement and engagement can’t happen without the voices of many talented and diverse individuals charting our direction.