The Area Specification Manager / Public Agency Account Manager operates as a sales consultant to influence and aid decision-makers in the irrigation industry. This includes but is not limited to Public Agencies, Irrigation Consultants, Landscape Architects, and Corporate Account customers within the region. The objective is to drive irrigation specifications and standardization for Rain Bird products.Responsibilities:
- Establish Rain Bird as the primary product specified for ongoing maintenance and on new construction projects in the region, including, but not limited to those with Public Agencies.
- Conduct product demonstrations and become the product technical expert for the regional team.
- Develop relationships with targeted Public Agencies, Irrigation Consultants, and Landscape Architects at the decision-maker level.
- Closely coordinate with the Distributor Manager, Water Conservation Manager, and Contractor Account Managers working within the territory to identify customers who represent the greatest opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales programs and strategies designed to aggressively grow the territory through Public Agencies and Corporate Accounts.
- Analyze sales results, demonstrate products, educate irrigation users, and work as an essential member of the territory team.
- Track and measure progress against specific sales growth objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all agencies in the region.
- Participation in local Park & Rec Associations, ASIC, ASLA, STMA, and other organizations for the purpose of networking and generating opportunities to sell Rain Bird products.
- This position requires approximately 10% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Irrigation industry experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience in sales or related fields.
- 3+ years’ work experience in managing direct reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, team player, results-oriented, and excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in English (written and verbal).
- Experience selling to or working for a Public Agency.
- Irrigation Pump selling or operating experience
- Landscape Architect degree or other technical or engineering degree.
- MBA degree desired
- Fluency in Spanish
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.