Manufacturing company in North Orange County is looking for temporary support for their accounting team and seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a 6+ month contract. This position is full-time, on-site at their location in Buena Park, CA. ***This position will start in September 2022*** Apply Now for Immediate Consideration! The AP Clerk will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Receives and reviews invoices from vendors, matches documents, codes, and batches, assembles voucher packages for approval by appropriate managers, and processes checks to send to vendors. May perform other basic clerical duties associated with accounts payable. Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records. Oversee accounts payable recordkeeping, supervision and recording of amounts due, verification of invoices, and calculation of discounts.
- Review invoices and check requests
- Sort and match invoices and check requests
- Set invoices up for payment
- Process check requests
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Reconciliation of payments
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Vendor file maintenance
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist in month end closing
- Performs duties as requested by supervisor
- 5+ years’ experience in accounts payable and general accounting
- AA Degree in related studies preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong understanding of Excel and ERP (manufacturing/accounting software systems).
- Experience in turn-around situations where processes have not been documented and cultural change and discipline is needed.
- Ability to use and input data on special computer systems (i.e. GP) desired.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and other company personnel.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to work with diverse types of personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Source : Mattson Resources