Diploma from an accredited high school or GED.
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification required within 15 months of start date.
- Please note, this position will be hired at either a grade 47 or grade 48, dependent on the certification level of the successful applicant.
- This position will work a Sunday through Thursday schedule, 6:30am - 3:00pm.
- The position is considered essential and may be required to report to work during school closures, inclement weather, and/or other emergencies.
- Working during holidays required on a rotating schedule. Other overtime may also be required.
All formal written offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
We regret that Harvard University does not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
We invite individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and abilities to be a part of our community.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.