If you are looking for an adventure, then look no more!! The Golden Owl Tavern is looking for you! COME JOIN OUR NEST! southern hospitality with a new twist! from one of a kind dishes to craft cocktails we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known best for being authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations of our teams and guests by creating an exciting and FUN working environment!Job Overview:
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.Responsibilities:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up.
- Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
High school education or equivalent experience.
Minimum one-year food service or related work.
- Knowledge of cooking and the practices and procedures of a kitchen in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: Position regularly involves lifting food cases and metros weighing up to 70 lbs. Items include food, small equipment -75% of the time.
- Periodic climbing required.
- Bending of the knees does become necessary when using the lower oven for cooking, 5-10 times a day.
- Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting, usually all day.
- Must be able to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff.
- Must be able to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
Inside 100% of 8 hour shift. Going in the freezer temperatures can be -10 degrees. On the front line, temperatures can be over 100 degrees.