Are you interested in becoming a part of an innovative in-house maintenance facility working on private aircraft?
Flexjet, an award winning organization, is currently looking for an experienced, certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) to join our team! This position will be responsible for performing routine inspections, troubleshooting, and repairs including airframe structures, engines and aircraft systems. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) will make repairs and conduct tests to keep equipment operating efficiently and safely. Please note, this position will require working nights.
- Perform all airframe and powerplant repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements
- Remove and disassemble defective parts; assemble and install of replacement parts and testing aircraft system
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignments
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate manner to include accurately reporting of times required to accomplish the tasks assigned
- Must support all company policies and safety programs to include OSHA and EPA regulations
- Interpret technical manuals, drawings and blueprints
- Present a clean and neat work area
- Demonstrate professionalism and deliver satisfaction to the internal/external customer
- Perform other related duties & responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License is required
- 2-4 years directly related aviation experience (corporate aircraft experience preferred)
- At least 2 years of fleet type experience desired
- Good working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 145, 135, 121
- Sheet metal experience is preferred but not required
- Successful candidate will be highly motivated and work effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Must have the ability to multi-task within a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs
- Possess proven inspection competencies
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized; demonstrate excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Specialized aircraft tooling will be furnished by the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Dallas, Texas candidates: Our Addison, Texas facility will be relocated to Love Field in 2019