For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
- The Store Separation Engineer shall support the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) Modeling, Analysis, and Tools Support (SEMATS) contract at Eglin Air Force Base. The work performed furthers the USAF SEEK EAGLE aircraft/store compatibility effort, as well as broader USAF goals.
- The engineer will participate in a working environment focused on the evaluation of aircraft compatibility with a wide variety of external and internal stores necessary to conduct the range of USAF operational and test missions.
What you’ll do all day:
The Store Separation Engineer will work in an Integrated Test & Evaluation (IT&E) environment. Duties include the following broad-ranging responsibilities in support of store separation discipline tasks:
- Support the aircraft/store certification process
- Perform sophisticated store separation aerodynamic analytical efforts
- Design/direct ground tests, wind tunnel tests, and flight tests
- Apply modeling and simulation tools to address complex, challenging, and unprecedented aerodynamic configurations
- Devise engineering software scripts and programs for specific program engineering purposes: software development could be included in the task portfolio
- Professionally document certification artifacts, engineering documentation (e.g. test plans, analysis results), and formal presentations
- Works well as a member of a discipline team in a dynamic multi-tasking environment
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical (with Aerospace specialty)
- Knowledge of aerodynamics and fluid mechanics
- Experience in modern control theory applications
- Experience operating in LINUX/UNIX environments using scripting languages (python, PERL, etc.)
- Experience using MatLab or similar engineering software
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Ability to travel using commercial airlines is required to support professional obligations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government secret security clearance
- US Citizenship
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Master’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical (with Aerospace specialty) Engineering
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in aircraft/store compatibility, particularly with store separation
- General engineering experience, including familiarity with modeling & simulation, is desired to meet the basic position requirements
- Knowledge of aircraft, air-launched weapons, and aircraft suspension equipment
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.