This position is the Subject Matter Expert oversight on all System of Systems repairs, inspections and the integration and implementation of advanced battle systems for all M2A2, M3A3, and M2A3-4 Bradley Fighting Vehicle Systems assigned to the Army Prepositioned Stocks Europe fleet. The Subject Matter Expert will perform and/or ensure that each system is precisely calibrated to secure the interoperability of the weapon system. The Field Service Representative must have experience in depot level repairs of the M2A3 and M3A3 series of Bradley fighting vehicles, and field and sustainment repair of their equipment components. The individual will also resolve, or lead a task team to resolve technical or functional operation or repair issues affecting the application of armored weapon systems, and heavy suspension systems.
- Will be responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing all malfunctions on the various systems of the M2A3 and M3A3 to include but not limited to the Hull, Turret, communications, armaments, Blue Force Trackers, and future upgrade systems.
- Will prepare records of repairs/inspections/tests and makes them available to the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Departments.
- Expected to be a quality champion by promoting, teaching, and presenting quality as a means for product improvement and efficiency and in accordance with applicable Army Regulations and Technical Manuals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation in conjunction with our customers guidance, Army Regulations 750-1, 750-8, and associated regulatory requirements.
- Should instill a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Will be expected to maintain a daily time sheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Must be able to meet all installation access and security requirements.
- The following experience may be concurrent: A minimum of eleven (11) years of recent specialized experience inspecting and/or performing System of Systems maintenance on M2A2, M2A3, M3A3 and all related system upgrades. This will require expertise in diagnostic and troubleshooting malfunctions of all systems pertaining to the M2A3 and M3A3 to include:
- Turret system (at least 5 years experience)
- Engine VTA-903T diesel engine (at least 7 years experience)
- Combat Propulsion Systems hydromechanical transmission (at least 7 years experience)
- Power-Pack system (at least 7 years experience)
- Suspension, steering, and hydraulic systems (at least 7 years experience)
- Line Replacement Units/Modules for weapon systems (at least 5 years experience). The Field Service Representative should be familiar with the following Line-Replacement Units/Modules repair and replace functions on the M2A23 and M3A3:
- Power Control Modules 1 3 (at least 5 years experience)
- Digital Video Distribution Box (at least 5 years experience)
- Hull Power Box (at least 5 years experience)
- Turret Power Box (at least 5 years experience)
- Position Interface Box (at least 5 years experience)
- Gun Control Unit (at least 5 years experience)
- Inertial Navigation Unit (at least 5 years experience)
- Gun Elevation Drive (at least 5 years experience)
- Target Acquisition System (at least 5 years experience)
- Commanders and Gunners Sight Control Panels (at least 5 years experience)
- Commanders and Gunners Hand Station (at least 5 years experience)
- Armaments (performs maintenance and on-board direct support) (at least 5 years experience)
- Fire extinguisher/suppression systems (Fire Control System) (at least 7 years experience)
- Will have a thorough knowledge of the M2A3s digital electronics to include the complete command and control system that includes the Commanders Independent Thermal Viewer, the Under Armor Auxiliary Power Unit, Inter-Vehicle Information System, and the Thermal Management System (at least 3 years experience).
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of all special Test, Measurement, Diagnostic, and Equipment to complete work orders on M2A2-4 and M3A3 (at least 5 years experience).
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and interact at all levels with customers and workforce.
- Required to provide the workforce with a teaching, coaching, and mentoring process.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a US Passport
- A valid US Driver’s License is required prior to deployment
- Must possess required tools as stipulated in the tool list which will be provided
1) US. Army military experience as a 91M Bradley Fighting Vehicle System Maintainer is required. Former 91Ms with the rank of Sergeant First Class or Chief Warrant Officer – 2 or above will be given special consideration.
2) The M2A3 and M3A3 FSR will be used as the SME on future enhancements of the M2A3 to include the Bradley Fighting Vehicle’s System Enhanced Package V3/V4, the Trophy Active Protection System, and the Improved Forward-Looking Infrared target detectors.
3) Must have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
4) Possess the ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
5) The individual must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and other software programs to assist with reporting requirements.