Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
We are ready to hire an Advanced Systems Engineer to join our Air and Missile Defense (AMDR) program working to develop and deploy the next generation AN/SPY-6(V) radar for the U.S. Navy. Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is important. The challenges are career-defining. The opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS as a Systems Engineer.
The Advanced Systems Engineer will support the RF design, development, requirements validation and execution of the Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) program. The engineer will work directly with program architects on a large geographically separated team, participating in all aspects of Radar development and test lifecycle.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
- Ability to work with a fun and diverse group of colleagues
What you bring to the table:
- A BS or MS degree in Systems, Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Solid knowledge of systems engineering concepts, requirements management, principles and theories
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, highly complex technical concepts.
- Exercise creative thinking to advance our business performance.
- Desire to learn and push the envelope, willingness to tackle new and challenging problems.
- An existing Department of Defense SECRET security clearance or the ability to obtain
What sets you apart:
- Ability to analyze, design, and develop a system to ensure integration of software, hardware, reliability, and safety
- Ability to formulate operational concepts and select systems architecture
- Ability to prepare specifications for GDMS operating systems to ensure designs meet security specifications
- Experience using protocol analyzers such as Wireshark
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Solid knowledge of system modeling tools (MATLAB)
- Prior experience performing RF/Radar systems engineering
- Prior experience working with/debugging hardware, FPGA code, C, C++ and embedded processors
- Experience with US Navy programs preferred
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran