Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Keeping people safe worldwide is what we do. Developing mission-critical systems is how we do it. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We are ready to hire an Advanced Software Engineer with at least 5 years of experience (3 years w/ Masters) for GDMS teams. Our close-knit teams are passionate about delivering the best products to the Navy and other customers to help protect our country. Our team works closely with customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
As an Advanced Software Engineer, you’ll perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
What you’ll experience:
As a member of a Software team, you'll be working in an Agile environment, participating in design efforts, requirements analysis, and responsible for troubleshooting fixes to software that is in use by warfighters.
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them learn the complexities of the software and technoligies used in the system
- Shape future products by contributing to the architecture framework used across multiple products or systems
- Build containerized micro-services and applications for Platform as a Service (PaaS)
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or 3 years with a Master’s degree; Agile experience preferred
- Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Solid knowledge of the software development process
- Proficiency in Open Source development frameworks such as Springboot, Node.JS, Angular, React
- Proficiency performing software development in a Linux environment
- Experience using containers such as Docker, Podman
- Experience using open source RDMS databases such as MariaDB, MySQL
- Experience using open source messaging products such as AMQP, kafka, gRPC, REST
- Experience with Kickstart creation and modification
- Strong work ethic and discipline
- Must have solid technical communication skills, organizational skills, and leadership qualities
Experience and Skills that will set you apart:
- Certification in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Certification in Kubernetes
- Previous experience with the AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System
- Experience with Agile development and working on sprint teams
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative (team) environment
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses
- Self-motivated, engaged, continuously learning and looking for ways to improve things
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran