Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Working with Engineering, Operations Support and individuals in other departments, the Advanced Engineering Technician will support engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment. This may entail performing the following:
- Interprets basic engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics
- Constructs, modifies, debugs, troubleshoots, calibrates, tests and adjusts a variety of tools, equipment and systems
- Conducts, analyzes and documents statistically based experiments to define process parameters
- Implements and documents complex solutions for process improvement
- Designs and constructs basic tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks
- Organizes, analyzes and interprets data to identify cause/effect relationships and recommends resolution/process improvement
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- An Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in the use of fabrication tools
- Ability to fabricate complex hardware
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted technical theory
What sets you apart:
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
Target salary range: USD $30.58/Hr. - USD $32.79/Hr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran