Our Vision is to be the best choice for healthcare in our community
Job Title: Admitting Coordinator
Reports to: ASC Assistant Director
Job Summary: Manages all clerical duties relative to the patient's ASC registration process.
Job Location: North Tampa Ambulatory Surgery Center -
Must be extremely reliable in the morning and be very attentive to details. Typical work hours are from 5:00-9AM
**Please Note: Per CMS guidelines for this department full COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this role for new hires joining Florida Medical Clinic. Should you be hired for this position you will be required to provide a copy of your vaccine card. Florida Medical Clinic will consider medical or religious accommodation requests as required by applicable law.**
WHAT DOES FMC HAVE TO OFFER ITS EMPLOYEES?
We offer a wide choice of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive salaries to retirement plans. We make every effort to take care of the people who make our company great.
- Gives you an employer that you will have pride in working for
- Provides excellent training programs and opportunities for growth
- Offers Medical Benefits including:
- Employer Contributions to HSA high deductible plan
- Discounts at our medical facilities
- Cigna Open Access OAPIN & OAP plans
- Supports Incentive based Wellness Programs
- Offers company sponsored Life Insurance with buy-up provisions
- Provides Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Accident & Illness policy options
- Supports Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Gives generous 401K plan with annual 3% Employer contribution after one year of employment
- Values and appreciates its employees
- Boasts a reputation for superior health care and quality service
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Every morning, runs Intergy schedule prior to facility opening to compare to completed charts from the afternoon prior to determine if all charts are made (add-ons entered by office after close of ASC business). If not, creates chart immediately.
- Checks in patients to designated department
- Verifies patient information is correct by checking photo ID and insurance card; initiates the "correct identification of patient for surgery" process, to include attaching proper ID band to appropriate-side wrist of patient.
- Updates demographic information in Intergy (correcting name, address, phone #, missing or incorrectly formatted SS#, etc) and scans insurance card and driver's license, if needed.
- Setting ASC insurance plan (ZH only).
- Entering AHCA codes for patient race, ethnicity and claim type at the time of registration.
- Ensures patient completes all registration paperwork. Explains registration documents to patient.
- Ensures all signatures are obtained and witnessed prior to bringing chart to nursing unit.
- If chart has been flagged by Scheduling Coordinator for missing requirements (authorization, photo ID, etc), ensures missing information is obtained prior to checking in patient.
- Collects co- payment and/or deductibles, as indicated and per ASC collection policies and posts to appropriate journal, prints receipt for patient. Communicates/clarifies with Patient Billing rep for any discrepancies or patient inquires.
- Delivers completed chart to appropriate nursing unit in a timely fashion.
- Reconciles daily journal & balances cash drawer daily.
- Reviews incoming faxes in RightFax & manual fax machine and distributes accordingly.
- Maintains the reception area
- Answers telephone courteously and in a quiet, pleasant voice.
- Accepts and relays messages in an effective manner.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of front desk and work area.
- Orders toner for printer or copier, as needed
- Monitors visitor's refreshment area for supplies and cleanliness.
- Responds to inquires from patients and family members in waiting room, notifies family members of discharge status as requested by nursing staff.
- Assists with sending reference letters to referring physicians, as indicated by physicians.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned, to include various duties of the Scheduling Coordinator as needed.
- Maintains all required regulatory training and participates in mandatory drills
- Annual Risk Management Education
- Annual OSHA training
- Quarterly fire drills
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability; able to sit for long periods
- Normal concentration and normal complexity of decision making
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Low risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical hazards.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience required
- Strong customer service orientation
- Familiar with insurance verification process and familiar with what companies need authorizations.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to stay calm and empathic
- Ability to Work Independently
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Dependability, Multitasking and prioritizing
- Effective communication
- Active listening, able to cope with constant interruption
- Basic computer proficiency
- Excellent telephone etiquette
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status