Full Job Description
Responsible for helping admit clients into detox; obtaining applicant information; screening applicants; completing admissions process; resolving patient questions/concerns; responsible for helping the client transition in to detox while ensuring compliance with applicable standards; works with admissions director/ Admissions manager to ensure appropriate admission criteria is met.
- Provide excellent customer service for clients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance HIPAA requirements.
- Pre-screen perspective clients to obtain pertinent information the assessment of clinical appropriateness.
- Collect and submit insurance information for approval
- Notify treatment team of a new patient arrival.
- Log all new client information into the EMR system.
- Communicate with clinical/medical team to gain approval for admission or ensure patients meet appropriate criteria for admission.
- Manage travel arrangements for patients admitting.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- CRPA or pursuant of CRPA certification
- Drug Free Workplace
- Knowledge of the 12-step program of recovery.
- Relevant computer software and hardware applications proficiency – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Strong working knowledge of treatment/detox process.
- Experience in mental health or substance abuse treatment, or personal experience in recovery.
- Sales/customer service experience.
- Phone Sales experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Manage multiple tasks; ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Maintain healthy boundaries.
- Knowledge of drug-free workplace policies.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-Time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute:
- Farmingdale, NY (in office)
- Substance Abuse: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Access Center