The Administrative Coordinator oversees the smooth and efficient operations of all administrative activities within the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) and serves as receptionist for any visitors into the department.
Works collaboratively with other support staff, maintains office operations, communications, database records, and files. Support efforts to keep all Research Division activities functioning smoothly.
The Administrative Coordinator must be able to handle many requests on their own, prioritize activities, and be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. The Coordinator must be able to work independently and address urgent issues.
Work schedule would consist of 4 days on-site and 1 day remote if desired.
- Keep office organized and oversee general office responsibilities and maintenance of office equipment. Troubleshooting of problems with computers, printers, fax machine, photocopier and other office equipment.
- Provide secretarial and other administrative support to Vice President for Research Administration and OSR staff.
- Answers office telephones and transfer calls to appropriate staff or take telephone messages. Coordinate telephone conferences.
- Prioritize mail and correspondence.
- Properly identify appropriate OSR staff to handle specific issues for investigators, fellows and other research staff.
- Make travel arrangements for OSR staff and handle Vice President’s schedule, as well as various OSR staff meetings.
- Input requests for various ordering systems (ie., Fedex, Staples, CarlsonWagonlit, AS400)
- Organizes and maintains the parking sticker and cab voucher distribution and process for Research Division.
- Order and maintain lab coat inventory/orders for Research Division.
- Create and maintain on a timely basis the filing and storage systems for the Office of Sponsored Research.
- Ensure administrative procedures and documents are followed and filed. Update Administrative Manual (SOP’s) as needed.
- Facilitate administrative support needs for Research Division personnel including placing specialized orders in electronic purchasing system, processing expense vouchers and other reimbursement forms, completing institutional forms and helping with maintenance work orders. Maintain adequate quantities of general office supplies as well as lab coats and other laboratory needs.
- Distribute timesheets, payroll checks and other miscellaneous reimbursements to everyone in the Research Division as needed.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Technology Transfer to coordinate the Intellectual Property Committee meetings. Prepare meeting documents, send invitations, order catering and organize meeting room.
- Provides post award administration support on designated awards (ie, MLSC and DRC) such as monthly & annual reporting, invoice tracking, etc.
- Provides specialized support and record keeping to specific projects as assigned by the Vice President or Research Administrators.
- May participate in other department efforts including policy and procedure development and maintenance, compliance, electronic grant administration, etc.
- May serve in staff capacity on institutional and/or Research Division committees by preparing agendas, taking minutes, and maintaining committee records.
- Generates month end reports provided by various Research Administrators to be submitted to Fiscal Services.
- Create files as requested by OSR staff or as needed
- College degree preferred or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5 years professional administrative business experience
- Biomedical research environment preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook, work under frequent disruptions, Adobe Acrobat Pro, familiarity with event planning.
- This position requires the utmost professionalism, confidentiality, superior judgment and discretion
- Time management and the ability to complete assignments on time and accurately
- Must be able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, confidentially and prioritize duties. Must be willing to accept a wide range of tasks and assignments
- Strong business, organizational and administrative skills are essential
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be able to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.