The Administrative Coordinator for the Clinical Research Center (CRC) is responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Investigator of Clinical, Behavioral & Outcomes Research, the CRC Nurse Manager and Manger of Administrative Services. In addition, the CRC Administrative Coordinator may be responsible for supporting additional Investigators and/or Sections as assigned. Support effort to keep the lab and CRC activities functioning smoothly - s/he must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures relying on past experience and judgement to plan, accomplish and successfully perform complicated tasks independently, with minimal supervision. S/he must be able to handle many requests on his/her own, prioritize activities, and be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
The Pediatric Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to Dr. Laffel and other members of the Pediatric staff. This role works collaboratively with other support staff, maintain office operations, communications, database records, budgets, invoices, and files. Provides administrative coordination for pediatric education programs for school nurses and caregivers. Supports efforts to keep all Pediatric activities functioning smoothly.
As a health care organization, we have the responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. We require that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Administrative Management for the CRC
- Work closely with the CRC Nurse Manager, Section Heads, and Administrative Services Manager to assure the administrative components of the department run smoothly.
- Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: directing phone calls and faxes, coordinating maintenance of office machines, taking and distributing meeting minutes, scheduling, etc.
- Facilitate the monthly CRC billing process by running reports from the scheduling system and working with study teams to assure accuracy of the data before submitting to the Office of Sponsored Research for chargebacks.
- Handle inventory and place orders through various vendors for CRC lab supplies, office supplies, and study teams as necessary.
- Communicate and follow up with vendors to obtain quotes for special items, and track POs when needed.
- Monitor patient food supplies and place orders via Instacart or BIDMC catering.
- Act as the point person for communication between our DXA Technician at BIDMC and study teams at Joslin to coordinate scheduling for patient scans.
- Schedule and assist with coordinating the CRC Investigators Meetings every other month.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Management for Pediatric Research
- Provide administrative support for Dr. Laffel, including: managing Dr. Laffel’s schedule and calendar, making travel arrangements and compiling documents needed for on-site and off-site meetings, managing expense reimbursements, transcribing dictations, keeping accurate and updated files, composing letters, and helping with other department materials as appropriate.
- Maintain department personnel files for all pediatric research personnel. Provide onboarding orientation and schedule necessary trainings for new personnel. Assist with paperwork for staff privileges for new and current staff. Act as primary contact for visiting physicians and scholars and assist with creation and management of visiting schedule and other administrative needs.
- Provide other administrative support as needed, including: making travel arrangements and submitting expense reimbursements for pediatric research personnel, ordering supplies, scheduling and reserving rooms for meetings, maintaining current information for pediatric research cost centers, facilitating external requests for permission to use pediatric research surveys, and assisting with preparation of grant proposals, reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Provide administrative coordination for pediatric education programs for school nurses and caregivers, including program advertisements, attendee registration and payments, catering, budgeting, program materials, educational grant applications, re-application to the American Nurses Association Massachusetts every 2 years for approval to provide continuing education credits, and vendor display opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Administrative Management for Research
- Work with the Administrative Services Manager and the admin team to organize special events and meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Prior administrative experience in a research or academic setting (strongly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of office experience - preferably in a health care setting
- Computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: to compose memos or correspondence, assist in the preparation of presentations, track budgets, prepare grant(s), IRB and FDA applications, patient communications, and maintain study-related records.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (communicate clearly and effectively via verbal and written instruction).
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate on multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities – through completion.
- Ability to work independently and with others in the lab - to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts.
- Ability to follow general instructions and procedures, as provided.