To prepare all food items on the menu; ensuring consistency, quality and accuracy of recipes.
Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines.
Set up and maintain assigned kitchen workstations.
Plans food production to coordinate with service hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times.
Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to management.
Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
Other back of house duties as assigned by management.
Line Cook Qualifications:
Minimum 1 year experience as a line cook in a full-service restaurant.
Knowledge of modern cooking techniques required.
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
Ability to perform culinary duties, handling guest requests efficiently and to the guests satisfaction.
Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Adele's standards
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Must be able to lift / carry items up to 40 lbs. and push / pull items up to 75 lbs.
Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending, twisting, squatting and reaching overhead.
Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regard to race, sex, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To provide courteous, prompt service to our guests
· Successfully adhere to Adele's Steps of Service
· Responsible for entering guest orders accurately into Breadcrumb (POS system)
· Full knowledge of menu and beverage offerings
· Personalize the guest experience by understanding the guests needs and offering suggestions
· Ability to communicate guest requests, including dietary restrictions, to culinary staff
· Perform opening and closing duties
· Help to maintain a clean and presentable work environment
· Maintain a positive, outgoing demeanor during service
· Be safety conscious to promote the safety of ones self, co-workers and guests at all times
· Adhere to company policy and procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned by management
· Minimum 1 year serving experience in a high volume restaurant operation.
· Prior related experience requiring excellent customer service, cash handling, service recovery and problem-solving skills.
· Understands how to responsibly serve alcohol to restaurant guests; current TABC certification required.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing the needs of guests.
· Ability to work cohesively with co-workers throughout the restaurant.
· Possess a passion for hospitality and a love of the food & beverage industry .
· Ability to work a flexible schedule.
· Ability to lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.