Job Description: The Wormser Group is looking for an energetic, hard-working professional to work in their Accounting department. This position will be reporting into the Assistant Controller and will be primarily responsible for various activities in the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable areas. The position will be required to work in the office as required, but it is anticipated that this will be at least 2 to 3 times each week.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Generate customer invoices by processing Sales Orders and Item Fulfillments created by Project Managers; ensure all supporting documents are included and accurate.
- Monitor and handle departmental emails in a timely manner
- Process and record all Freight bills into system; work closely with Logistics department to ensure all bills are captured and processed correctly.
- Reconcile customer and vendor statements; set up new accounts
- Assist in collecting customer receivables, post and apply cash receipts, send customer statements; escalate collection issues when needed
- Effectively collaborate with team members as some processes are handled by multiple people
- Involved with some month-end accounting close processes
- Perform ad hoc requests to support Controller and Assistant Controller
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Must have a good attitude and willingness to be part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing to work closely with other departments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Quick learner with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative to think “outside the box”, provide recommendations for process improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of ERP systems; NetSuite ERP experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- At least 3 to 5 years of related experience