The Accounts Payable Coordinator will participate in and support all aspects of the Accounts Payable function including vendor relations, payment management, month end close and year-end tax reporting. The Accounts Payable Coordinator works under direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all tasks related to Accounts Payable in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Review and process vendor invoices and requests for disbursement for accuracy, general ledger coding, proper documentation and levels of approval, and compliance to policies. Monitor due dates to ensure timely payment.
- Prepares and maintains Accounts Payable Vendor Files
- Reconcile vendor statements. Identify, research and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual close process by working with vendors to receive invoices on a timely basis.
- Provide problem resolution assistance to vendors and internal company personnel with tact and diplomacy.
- Performs 1099 reporting; review and verify W-9s; participates in new vendor setup and ensuring information accuracy and proper coding.
- Performs duties and supports special projects and process improvement initiatives as directed and requested by management.
- Completes vendor credit applications.
- Performs other functions as necessary or assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Excel, Word & Outlook
- Accounts payable processing knowledge / background
- Experience / knowledge of electronic invoice systems preferred
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong ability to multitask
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma (Required); some college preferred
- 3 Years’ experience of Accounts Payable processing (Required)