Job Description: Senior Accessibility Consultant Profiles
Role: Senior Accessibility (Ax) Consultant
The Senior Ax Consultant (LAC) supports the Service Line/ Engagement Leader in meeting the team objectives and tasks. She/He is responsible for adherence to project work plan, timely delivery, day-to-day query handling, and ensure that proper lead level review and quality delivery with adherence to WCAG 2.1 and client standards is done. The SAC coordinates with the client/ off-shore stakeholders for any queries regarding the application, environment and any process. She/He needs to work with development team for development and technical issues, manages product deliveries, recruitment, appraisal and leaves of the team.
- Over 10 years of industry experience and 5 years of experience in Accessibility
- Expert knowledge of Accessibility principals and guidelines (WCAG 2.1, Section 508)
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience of screen readers (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack), assistive tools (like CCA, WAT), etc.
- Experience in design review and providing design recommendations for custom components.
- Excellent programmer with experience in Swift and / or Objective-C
- Excellent knowledge of UIKit and AppKit
- Understanding of accessibility APIs such as UIAccessibilityPostNotification
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use macOS
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use iOS
- First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies, e.g. VoiceOver, Switch Control
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices
- Hands-On technical knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS to provide real time solutions to team and help Remediation team fix accessibility issues.
- Real time experience with evaluating accessibility on mobile devices and the solutions which work for mobiles
- Well versed in implementing ARIA based solutions for dynamic and complex components.
- Real time experience with evaluating accessibility for non-HTML content and native apps.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Experience in working on final client deliverables and interaction with clients and senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business writing / report writing skills
- Expert in team management
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as waterfall and agile
- Past engineering experience
- Ability to meet challenges head-on and work within strict deadlines
- Understanding of SEO principles will be a significant advantage, as well as experience with web technologies and guidelines.
- Adhere to the project plan by ensuring timely delivery of the allocated tasks
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project; strong knowledge of SDLC
- Sends regular status updates to Service Line Lead and On-Shore
- Design and customize the accessibility checklist to meet the client requirements per WCAG 2.1 and ensure it is followed by the team
- Set up strong review process and ensure team is adhering to the same and does quality and timely delivery
- Communicate with developers, understand the architecture of the application, and provide guidance
- Monitor the quality of the accessibility reports and provide critical inputs whenever necessary
- Communicate with QA team during regression testing phase and provide guidance
- After the completion of regression phase ensure the application is accessibility compliant and is ready for sign off
- Formulate the training plan for the team and ensure smooth transition and knowledge transfer during attrition
- Handle client queries on the accessibility reports and any ad hoc requests that may be made, and train the SAC on the same
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Understand areas of business research and updates to accessibility world.
- Identify critical issues with ease and provides resolutions
- Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when writing accessibility reports
- Push creative and innovative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business and pragmatic solutions with project management
- Frame and implement policies and procedures to ensure the best quality and productivity
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Build effective working relationship within the team and with leadership
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jul 29 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.