PSEG Company: Public Service Electric & Gas Co.
Salary Range: $ 76,700 - $ 145,700
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Hybrid
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is a publicly traded (NYSE:PEG) diversified, energy company headquartered in New Jersey, and one of the ten largest electric companies in the U.S. PSEG was ranked 317 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. PSE&G is one of the largest combined electric and gas companies in the United States and is also New Jersey's oldest and largest publicly owned utility. We serve over 2.3 million electric customers and 1.9 million gas customers.
PSE&G is seeking a new member for the Technical Training team within the Transformation & Centralized Service organization at our Edison NJ location. The team performs analysis, design, development, evaluation and delivery of technical training for PSE&G line of business clients. This position will focus on exclusively Substation Mechanic skills training in electric distribution to fulfill the duties of apprentice and incumbent employees in accordance with their job specifications, collective bargaining obligations and regulatory requirements.
Please note this position is hybrid, comprised of remote and in office work. PSEG reserves the right to amend the hybrid model at any time
The successful candidate will train to develop and support a safe, skilled and efficient utility work force working in concert with a team of training professionals. The key elements of this role are:
- Conduct classroom presentations and hands-on field demonstration of safe work practices in electric distribution substation equipment installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Design, and evaluate apprentice and incumbent employee technical training across multiple concurrent electric distribution instructional efforts
- Provide assistance in other instructional areas / activities, such as instructional skills development
The candidate must enjoy providing client service, be a team player, and excel in communicating both verbally and in writing. High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are also important for effective collaboration with fellow instructors and the entire Technical Training team.
The position requires close collaboration with the Technical Training Manager and internal subject matter experts in support of identifying training needs of the Electric Distribution clients. The position works with process owners and process improvement managers across the utility to establish process efficiency. Therefore, the position requires strong internal & external relationship building skills and behaviors and to be proactively involved with all clients in order to stay abreast of operational changes relevant to effective training programs.
Candidate must be available in case of a storm emergency by periodically being on call for assignment by the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
Job Specific Qualifications
• Must have worked as an Substation Mechanic or as an Substation Maintenance Supervisor with a strong background in electric substations, components, construction, maintenance, troubleshooting and safe work practices
• Ability to credibly and safely conduct hands-on training across multiple topics using appropriate reference manuals and other resources to instruct apprentice and incumbent Substation Mechanics on how to safely execute all work practices and procedures. Understand and properly use tools and operate appropriate substation equipment correctly use safety tagging, control prints, use basic test equipment and communications during substation maintenance and inspection
• Ability to learn and apply training and development processes of analysis, design, development, evaluation, and alternative delivery methods, including eLearning and virtual instruction applications
• Basic skills in computer applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office software
• Strong oral and written communication skills; capable of making effective classroom presentations
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Have a minimum of five years utility experience
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Possess and maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license
• Ability to facilitate joint union / management assessment teams
• Supervisory and / or project management related experience
• BS / BA degree in engineering technology, education, training, or instructional design
• Knowledge / experience or the ability to learn evolving systems such as OMS, GIS, OP2002
• Knowledge / experience in assessment facilitation, need/task analysis, instructional design/development, and instructional evaluation
• Experience in Learning Management System use and data management / reporting
• Experience in alternative training delivery methods, including automated, computer-based or virtual / augmented reality applications
• Process Improvement skills / LSS Green Belt
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email email@example.com. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision