Immediate opening in an AV Preeminent rated Tampa defense firm for an insurance defense attorney. The firm offers an excellent work/life balance for a motivated attorney.
We are seeking a full-time associate attorney with 3+ years of experience in general insurance defense trial/litigation. Trial experience is preferred. Applicants should have outstanding legal research and writing skills, excellent communication, as well as analytical and critical reasoning skills, a client-focused mentality, be a self-starter, and possess the ability to think on their feet and make strategically sound decisions. With its commitment to diversity, the firm encourages minority applicants and those with military backgrounds to apply.
- Law Degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Florida
- Must be able to draft, review, and negotiate legal documents
- Strong ability to perform research and effectively communicate the results
- Analyze both federal and state laws and regulations
- Can work within defined processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Legal research and writing
- Draft motions, orders, and a variety of pleadings and correspondence to clients, counsel, and the court
- Analyze and respond to discovery
- Represent clients in court hearings and trials; assist in preparation for trial; attend and conduct depositions of parties and non-parties; attend mediations; attend trials
- Handle cases from inception to close and provide frequent status updates to clients
Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Our benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Sick paid time off
- Paid parking
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits after one year of employment.
Signing Bonus, Incentive-based bonus structure