TEAM LEADER CRE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for building and maintaining a profitable loan portfolio including selling related bank products and services. Provides leadership and guidance to an assigned team in relation to credit, underwriting and the attainment of team, region and division goals. Identifies and promotes solutions to fulfill client needs, obtaining referrals from existing customers, and maintaining an active calling program. Understand the benefits of building relationships with clients that may include various CNB internal business partners and their services and products, as appropriate. Utilizes a high degree of creativity and independence in developing and managing a large portfolio of diverse and complex banking relationships. Acts as a consultant to clients and a resource to the Bank in developing and retaining business.
Commercial Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Commercial Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Manages a portfolio of relationships. Proactively monitors portfolio for ongoing credit quality, credit renewal, and adherence to policy. Insures accurate and timely risk identification. Works in cooperation with the appropriate team member and/or client to resolve issues and prevent potential financial liability/loss.
* Works with Regional Manager, Credit Manager and Credit Administration to negotiate, structure, and underwrite credit transactions that meet client needs and are consistent with the credit quality standards and operational compliance requirements of the Bank. Monitors the loan documentation process and closes the loan.
* Expands portfolio and grows revenue through calls on existing and potential clients to determine their financial needs and provide solutions.
* Identifies and collaborates with other CNB product experts to achieve cross-sell goals and helps solidify the client relationship.
* Establishes a referral network through existing relationships and calls on prospective clients and industry experts including lawyers, accountants and brokers.
* Develops a strong understanding of clients and Commercial Real Estate Industry to assist in customer calling efforts. Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market conditions.
* Provided day to day oversight and guidance to assigned team. Develops, coaches, and motivates team members to achieve individual and team objectives. Identifies development needs and provides educational/training opportunities. Assists with hiring, counseling and team development.
* Prepares reports for management.
* Supports other CNB departments and colleagues.
* Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
* May serve as a product specialist to Relationship Managers in other business units.
* Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
* Completes all required training.
* Calls on and collaborates with existing clients to determine their financial needs and offers solutions, many of which will result in additional cross-sales.
* Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and colleagues to provide clients and prospects the solutions recommended.
* Proactively monitors portfolio for ongoing credit quality, credit renewal, and adherence to policy. Insures accurate and timely risk identification. Works in cooperation with the appropriate team member to resolve issues and prevent potential financial liability/loss. Works with clients to develop solutions to minimize loss exposure.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree or 6 years relationship management experience.
* Minimum of 10 years commercial real estate lending experience.
* Minimum of 5 years financial and income tax analysis experience.
Skills and Knowledge
* Bachelor’s or masters degree with broad studies in the areas of Business, Finance, Economics and Accounting and a minimum of 10 years of real estate lending experience.
* Strong understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment.
* Superior knowledge of commercial real estate finance, appraisal, credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
* Excellent client servicing and sales skills. Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
* Ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions commensurate with experience and level of authority.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Utilizes a high degree of creativity and independence in developing, managing, and servicing a large portfolio of diverse and complex client relationships.
* Deep product knowledge and technical expertise is necessary at this level in order to originate, structure, and execute large transactions and/or to cross sell. Acts as a consultant to clients and a resource to the team in developing and maintaining business.
Starting base salary: $141,830 - $263,408 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : City National Bank (CNB)