Veracity is a Kansas City based company and technology consulting firm that helps our clients and our people excel through the power of technology, transparency and authenticity. It is in our DNA to lead with our values, bringing the human element to developing business strategies and implementing technology tools and processes. We have the right talent, the accountability and the curiosity to transform businesses into high-performing organizations where people and innovation come first.
Currently, we are searching for both Tier 1 Helpdesk Support Technician for full-time, onsite work based in Chicago, IL in support of our client, the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Tier 1 Helpdesk Support Technician will be responsible for supporting all approved hardware and software assigned to EPA staff. This person will be responsible for supporting all community equipment (e.g., network printers, HP, DELL PC’s, scanners, etc.), as well as computer imaging, configuration, troubleshooting and installation. Ad-hoc support also includes end-user training for all standard hardware and software:
- Utilize Cherwell and ServiceNow ticketing system for managing service requests
- Escalate and coordinate/manage all internal and external stakeholder efforts as it relates to an incident ticket.
- Configure, install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain all desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and all other approved technology peripherals
- Escalate and manage all internal and external stakeholder incident tickets
- Support Microsoft O365 Government Cloud services for e-mail, calendaring, and web-based applications
- Provide imaging and configuring new computers, BIOS Setups, deploying web-based applications and other EPA IT equipment.
- Hardware/Software troubleshooting – desktop, laptops, monitors, and peripheral, ad hoc training, configuration of software connectivity to the EPA Domain.
- Support and setup standard conference room equipment including a projector or display, AV control touch panel, video teleconferencing unit, VOIP phone and conference phones, workstation setup (physical or thin client devices utilizing Citrix virtual desktop) and available network.
- Support individual users with software updates, group policy, and occasional Visual Basic scripting
- Collaborate with EPA engineering teams to provide technical assistance and support resolving hardware / software related issues
- Perform scheduled AMC and UMR installations, as well as other AMC-related tasks.
- Support Citrix ICA / Receiver client software used on some desktops, and for remote access
- Manage Avaya and VOIP telecommunication system in setting up EPA use’s phone lines.
- Serve as the first point of contact in monitoring, troubleshooting, and configuring VOIP and Voicemail system programming
- Assist in developing and documenting process improvements and creating and updating KA’s and SOP’s.
- 2+ years Helpdesk / Technical Support experience
- Experience escalating help tickets
- Familiarity with MDT imaging system and checklists, and standard COTS software suppore
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory – setting up users, workgroups and adding users to the domain.
- Exposure to WAN / LAN network connectivity for providing users access to agency systems throughout the nation
- Some knowledge of ADUC, setting up Admin rights on Regional OU and Group Policy through privileged accounts (dotted).
- Experience with Microsoft Defender, and Endpoint Security antivirus software used for workstation / server security.
- Superior time management skills
- Capable of working productively with minimal supervision
- Willingness to go above & beyond with a varied taskload
- Regular and predictable attendance
To be considered an applicant for a position, you must: (1) complete the application in full; (2) apply for a specific, available position; and (3) meet all stated minimum qualifications. Applications that are incomplete or are submitted for "any" position will not be considered. Applicants are good for 90 days. If you are not selected within 90 days of submission, and remain interested in a position, you must submit a new application.
Veracity Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran and any other characteristics protected by law.
It is Veracity Consulting’s policy that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities with regards to any aspect of their employment. Veracity Consulting is committed to complying with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its related Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Veracity Consulting recognizes that some individuals with disabilities may require accommodations at work.
In addition to federal law requirements, Veracity Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
No 3rd parties, please.