Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
FLEX SCHEDULE. COMING IN 1-2 TIMES PER WEEK.Responsibilities for this Position:
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, youâ€™ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
The representative duties of the Surface Ship Infrastructure Network Engineer are as follows:
Work within a team of Systems Network Engineers:
- Interface across teams within the Surface Ship organization
- Perform documentation and engineering drawing updates
- Develop and understand Internet Protocol (IP) Plans
- Troubleshoot emergent production issues remotely and in shipyard environment as required
- Periodically provide on-site technical support during integration/test or post-delivery activities
- Contribute to the development and update of program-specific plans and processes
- Actively participate in Program Change Process
- Generate and provide updates to various internal and external status reports
- Generate and support engineering peer reviews
- Support deliveries and milestones in support of program schedules
- Develop strong internal and external customer relationships
Skillsets desired for this position include the following:
- Familiarity with technical standards
- Very solid knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Self-starter with the ability to execute tasking with minimum supervision
- Very solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Delivers innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- The ability to work well in a team environment including forming strong working relationships with program leadership
- Ability to multi-task
- Very solid skills in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Desire to learn and improve current/future technology and processes
- Familiarity with Agile principles, processes, and tools
- Experience with Switch, Firewall, and IDS configurations
- Experience with Internal and External Change Processes
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
ABOUT GENERAL DYNAMICS IN PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark Art Institute and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also a recreation hub with mountains for hiking or mountain biking, multiple lakes, ski areas, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer. Boston and New York City are both less than a 3 hour drive away.
The Berkshires are Calling!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.