PSEG Company: Public Service Electric & Gas Co.
Salary Range: $ 87,200 - $ 165,700
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
This Senior Technology Engineer is a direct report to the Technology Group Product Manager in PSE&G's Utility Technologies department. Understanding of business goals, business processes, technology expertise in one or more domains, technology solution design and implementation. Involved in the full technology life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting software, hardware and systems. Works closely with Analysts and Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. May be assigned to either implementation or support functions. Implementation involves creating new technology based solutions whereas support involves upgrades, maintenance or issue resolution to existing technology solutions.
Please note this position is hybrid, comprised of remote and in office work. PSEG reserves the right to amend the hybrid model at any time.
Primary Responsibilities are:
• Design, configuration, development, documentation and testing of technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements. Evaluation of existing technology solutions to determine fit for purpose for the new business or technology requirements. Recommendation of technology alternatives. Collaboration with other individuals to ensure proper integration of the new technology solution with the existing technology solutions.
• Analysis of end user’s needs, business and technology requirements. Translation of these requirements into technology solution capabilities and design. Alternatively, using the user needs, business and technology knowledge to peer review designs, implementation plans, software code, configuration settings or other artifacts to ensure technology solution being created by others meets the user needs, business and technology requirements.
• Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. May perform the needed analysis to identify root cause of reported incidents, identify the short and long term remediation for the identified incidents
Specific responsibilities include:
• Analyzes end-user needs and designs, configures, develops and tests technology solutions to satisfy demand. Performs build versus buy analysis for business demand. Partners with business analysts to translate business requirements to technology solution requirements.
• Evaluates existing technology solutions and platforms and provides recommendations for improving technology performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of needed modifications.
• Collaborates with all stakeholders such as enterprise architects, software development, operations, cybersecurity and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
• Ensures that the design and technology solution implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of any defect(s).
• Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. Applies operation break fixes and performs other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented. Supports and participates in the solution deployment process for new functionality/ subsystems/modules, upgrades, updates and fixes to the production environment.
• Makes solutions production-ready by following the standard change management processes, completing required forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Minimum 6 years of professional technology solution engineering or related experience
• Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of Salesforce solutions related to Service Cloud, preferably Field Service.
• Software Engineering skills with Force.com platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL) and experience developing Lightning Components, Apex classes, Controller classes, Apex Triggers and Visualforce Pages.
• Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
• Experience with production support of mission critical technology solutions
• Experience documenting technical solutions or business and system process flow techniques using applicable methods such as engineering drawings, UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams) etc.
• Demonstrated technology solution ownership and adoption, projects or other work experiences.
• Participates in analysis of end-user needs and designs. May configure, develop and test low to medium complexity technology solutions to satisfy demand. Gathers information to aid build versus buy analysis for business demand.
• Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and waterfall. .
• Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of client/user, business, cyber security and technology day to day operations.
• Strong analytical ability, excellent problem solving skills, and ability to learn new technical concepts.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and good facilitation skills
• Ability to foster working relationships with Client departments, IT Management and Software Service Providers
• Understanding of technology architecture, technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements.
• Ability to define metrics that measure success of the technology solution in addressing business and technical requirements as well as achieving the desired outcomes.
• Graduate degree or MBA
• Salesforce Developer or Salesforce Architect certification
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email email@example.com. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision