- Under general supervision, performs routine manual packaging and receiving functions and clerical duties related to the shipment and/or receipt of materials, supplies, equipment, services and finished products.
- Receives material on receiving dock delivered by freight carriers.
- Opens cartons and crates, visually inspects and counts contents.
- Processes receipts through MRP Costpoint system per procedure.
- Delivers received material to receiving inspection and files paperwork.
- Expeditor duties moving items around campus.
- Sort and Distribute Mail to Department Mail Centers.
- Processes shipments per instructions on shipping documents.
- Orders shipping supplies
- Processes shipments through MRP system per procedure.
- Process government shipments using SIRS System.
- Must have experience with FedEx and UPS on-line shipping systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic industry shipping & receiving functions.
- Knowledge of electro-static sensitive device (ESD) handling.
- Knowledge of commercial packing disciplines.
- Knowledge of military packaging (MIL-STD-2073) disciplines.
- Must be able to interact professionally with personnel from other departments.
- Must be able to read, write and have adequate mathematical skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school education with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in shipping/receiving.