We are looking for an experienced and skilled manager with remarkable skills, who will run a store effectively and with attention to detail who will create positive memories for all who touch DQ. The Shift Leader will assist the General Manager (GM) in executing specific aspects of the restaurant operations, which may include financial performance, product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing. Set high standards and create a great environment for the team to work. They also ensure all cake products meet the Dairy Queen® standards of quality and excellence. May be required to meet requirements of all other staff positions.
- Prepare and decorate cake products according to customer specifications and all applicable standards and procedures.
- Properly and safely operate and maintain cake and soft serve equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of decorated cakes at all times, including backup cakes during holidays, national promotions, and other peak cake occasions.
- Keep display freezer full at all times to the proper level with a variety of cakes attractively displayed.
- Conducts sampling and actively sells products
- Take and fill customer cake orders in a professional and timely manner.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness, and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items.
- Stock and execute proper rotation of products.
- Keep cake production area and equipment clean and sanitary throughout shift using the PRIDE cake area checklist.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock, and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of the building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal, and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Inform immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff.
- Prepare and decorate cakes according to assigned specifications including cakes for special orders and walk-in customers.
- Operates cake production area in accordance with established PRIDE standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in the success of the restaurant by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to standards for quality, value, service, and cleanliness.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant employees and customers to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate.
- Communicate all significant issues, both positive and negative, with management staff.
Locally owned and operated Dairy Queen for over 30 years. Fast paced friendly work environment. Looking for smiling faces to join our team. Both day and evening shifts available full and part time.