$16.75 PER HOUR AVERAGE SHIFT LEADER WAGE IN HICKORY
The Hickory Five Guys earns an average of $2.75 per hour in electronic tips
Benefits and Perks of Working at Five Guys:
- Daily pay available. Access your pay ahead of the regular pay cycle on an as-needed basis
- Two weeks paid time off for full-time employees
- Free telemedicine for all employees and their immediate family
- Caring teams - offering emotional, spiritual and financial support for employees and their families
- Chaplains for employees and their families
- Free meal on every shift
- Management life skills training programs
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability benefits available to full time employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers friendly service to all guests
- Excels in performing all crew member positions
- Manages crew members and directs the daily operations of the restaurant on their shift including opening or closing the store, ensuring all food preparation is completed, managing employee breaks and shift changes and completing shift summary reports
- Ensures company standards on equipment, facility and grounds maintenance
- Complies with local health and safety codes and company safety and security policies
- Works as a team member to support other restaurant employees in their duties
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Motivates, coaches and assists in training crew members. May give feedback to the General Manager regarding team member performance or disciplinary issues
- Trains to gain the skills and experience necessary for promotion to Assistant Restaurant Manager or Restaurant General Manager
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Successful Candidates/Employees of this position must have experience in providing service.. A High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required. In addition, 1-2 years of supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment is preferred, but not required.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. The successful candidate/employee will use communication skills to supervise others, give detailed instructions and training, and resolve conflicts. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos is necessary. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondences and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small group situations and to other employees of the organization as well as customers. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos.
The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. It also requires basic business math skills.
The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations and people. Strong analytical/decision-making skills are needed.
Basic personal computer literacy is required. Must be able to operate a cash register.
Supervises Crew Members
The position's physical demands require work in a restaurant/kitchen environment with moderate to loud noise levels, varying temperature conditions and possible direct exposure to hazardous substances, such as hot oil. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and react quickly to deadlines, sometimes with little notice. The employee is often required to stand for long periods; walk, bend, kneel, and reach with hand boxes or food containers typically weighing 50 pounds or less, without restrictions. May be required to use a stepladder.
This restaurant is part of a family run restaurant franchise group that was named A 2022 Great Place to Work as well as 2018 and 2012 Five Guys Franchisee of the Year. We operate 22 Five Guys restaurants in the Tennessee Tri-Cities, North Carolina and the Coastal South Carolina regions.