Backblaze is a public company that makes storing and using data astonishingly easy. When our founding team got together, they committed to helping people save their data. Today, the Backblaze Storage Cloud provides a foundational platform around the world for a broad community of developers, IT generalists, entrepreneurs, and individuals who seek the easy, affordable, trusted solutions we provide.
We’ve managed to nurture a team-oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. Our approach is guided by honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Our customers are happy, and so are our coworkers: In the most recent “Great Place to Work” survey, 94% of our team rated Backblaze as “a great place to work.” Check out what our employees are saying on Glassdoor!
But while there is a lot to celebrate in our past, there is almost as much opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager!
This position will be based remotely.
What You’ll Do:
- Use the B2 Cloud Storage product with our integration partner’s products
- Understand the public cloud and data protection landscape and see how the market is transforming
- Talk to customers and understand their needs
- Prioritize features based on business goals, customer needs, and resource capacity
- Develop and maintain a near- and long-term strategy for the product line
- Create, manage and evangelize product roadmaps to cross-departmental key stakeholders
- Participate in go-to-market plans, working and guiding product marketing, sales engineering and sales on technical solution and approaches
- Understand KPIs
The Right Fit:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in public cloud storage, cloud data management, or data protection companies
- Familiar with features and API protocols used by public cloud providers
- Has launched multiple products
- Strong analytical ability, and experience in making decisions based on data
- Effectively communicates with engineers, designers, our customers (B2C and B2B)
- Well versed in Agile/Scrum
- Strategic, creative and innovative
- Bachelor's degree required
- 100% healthcare for family
- Dental and vision plan
- Competitive compensation and 401K
- RSU grants for full-time employees
- ESPP program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Maternity & paternity leave
- MacBook Pro to use for work plus a generous stipend to personalize your workstation
- Childcare bonus (human children only)
- Fertility treatment and support
- Learning & development program
- Commuter benefits
- Culture that supports a healthy work-life balance
At Backblaze, we value being fair and good to our customers, partners, and employees. That’s why diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values. We are committed to fostering a workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, socioeconomic status, ability, veteran status, and education. We believe that our dedication to cultivating a diverse workspace not only allows us to better serve our customers in over 175 countries, but further reinforces our commitment to doing the right thing. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.