Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or relevant engineering degree is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
A Relocation package is available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Senior Advanced Systems Engineer
“You can’t send a repairman up into space!”
Our job to make sure that our clients never need to! As a Senior Advanced System Engineer, you’ll work on getting cutting-edge technology ready to function in space. The systems you’ll design will be vital to our nation’s fundamental defense. You’ll be working on state-of-the-art technology and tackling some of the most challenging technical obstacles- some of which have never been addressed before. The space industry is continually breaking new barriers with respect to tech, speed and cost. Your job is to imagine, architect, develop and test GDMS systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, and safety so our solutions do what we say they will and won’t fail in space.
Here's why people find this work exciting:
- Make a Difference: Our work makes a difference to the defense and protection of our country. Which is why TS/SCI security clearance is required .
- You’ll work with Geniuses every day! In this role you’ll get to work with some of the most intelligent and insightful tech leaders on the planet – and guess what – they want to share what they know. They are accessible and want to collaborate. Sometimes Geniuses can be ... unapproachable! Our geniuses are anything but. They want to collaborate and share what they know, which makes working here a mind-expanding experience.
- Never the Same Thing Twice: The scope of this role is broad and varied. To succeed, you’ll have to speak multiple disciplines of engineering to be able to architect solutions which consider all aspects of the design and constraints.
- Solve The Most Challenging and Difficult Tech Problems. If you want to stretch your tech capability to the max - you’ve come to the right place. There is no more unforgiving tech environment than space, and the tech challenges are enormous and exciting.
- Work Life Balance – It’s still a thing: Yes, we’re directly competing against SpaceX and Blue Origin, so tech design also means meeting ever changing cost and speed constraints. First to market is critical to securing future contracts which means you’ll have to be agile, flexible, innovate constantly and rapidly. However, unlike other players in this space we still respect your weekends – work life balance is still a thing here.
Yes, we got a competitive salary, generous health and personal benefits, flexible work environment and your contributions are recognized and rewarded. But we also have Algorithmic prowess. We can dream up anything, but now it must be affordable which requires us to select and deploy the absolute best chip tech and software to make it work.
If this sounds interesting to you, we should talk.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Experience in SIGINT and Space Payloads
#LI-HybridSalary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Combined Salary Range:USD $135,900.00 - USD $150,900.00 /Yr.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran